or Connect

Posts by Piper's mama

Hi Mama's, I have not posted here in a very long time, but I have a friend in trouble and knew I could count on the Mothering Mama's for help. My friend is pregnant with twins. She and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years, and finally...and twins to boot! That's the good news. The twins are Dizygotic, each has their own placenta. She is about 14 weeks now. They went for an ultrasound Friday, and were told that twin "A" is super healthy and right on...
Hi Mama's. It's been a long time, and it's crummy that my post is a rant, but I'm really upset and I wanted to share with you guys in the hopes that you will talk some sense into me! Ok-here's the story. I had a close friend attend Lily's birth for 2 reasons. First to video it, but mainly I wanted her to see a natural birth so that she would be inspired to have a VBAC. She was pregnant at the time, and had an "emergency" C-section with her first child (this one will be her...
Quote: Originally Posted by myhoneyswife I only hope it continues to be this great! I totally felt that way with Piper. I actually really, really miss that with her. I called her my sidekick, and there wasn't anyone that I wanted to be with more. It was like a honeymoon all the time. We were like that for the first year. Starting around this time they begin to become independent slowly but surely. Lily and I are having our honeymoon now....
seems we all made some large people! Lily was 13 pounds at 6-61/2 weeks. She also looks about 3 months old! I am constantly in awe of how big she is. Yeah for these healthy beautiful little muffins of love
Lily is so big I can't believe it. She is 6 1/2 weeks old and I weighed her last night...13 lbs ! She is probably up to 23 inches now too. She is almost totally unable to wear the 0-3 months clothes. She can even fit into some outfits that are for 6 months! I just can't believe it. Her Ped. says she looks like a 3 month old. She was 9lb4oz at birth...but man, I still can't believe how big she is! She is sleeping wonderfully. We go to bed around 10. Sometimes she wakes up...
Ok, I bet I win the "Worst Mom moment ever" prize. Guess what I did...Lily and I were at the office about a week ago and she had fallen asleep in her (totally evil) bucket seat. I had unbuckled her so she would be a bit more comfy and put a blanket over her. When it was time to leave I picked her up and off we went. We live 30 minutes away from our office. I got all the way to our driveway and realized that I had never re-buckled Lily. I was mortified. It is by far the...
HI Ladies! It's been a while. I've been working on figuring out 2 kids, houscleaning, cooking, sleeping, and bookeeping all while keeping my sanity. It has gotten a lot better . The first couple of weeks having 2 kids under 2 was totally insane, but I think we are starting to get into a rhythm now. (whew ). Ok, so here are my discoveries.... Both DD's have had some skin trouble. DD1 had a bout with excema last year, and DD2 had really bad baby acne at about 2 weeks,...
I knew it must get easier ...I am having ahard time now with 2 under 2yrs, and I have to admit I keep asking myself "what were you thinking?". Then I see how great they already are together, and I know in a year everything will be much more fun. It's just getting there....
Right here with ya'll. Piper never made much noise, she's a hard sleeper. But Lily is very active when she sleeps.She talks/screams/cries. And I swear she is the fidgetiest person I have ever met. She sleeps through the night, but I wake up with every fidget :.
Lily loves bathtime as well, but we haven't gotten into the big tub yet. DH bathes the wee ones, I can't seem to get the hang of slippery babes in a big tub . I am a bit nervous about bathing the girls together, since Piper can be a bit of a spaz in the bathtub, and Lily is her most favorite person ever and she is always getting in her space. We will have to try it soon though, Lily is too big for her baby tub.