or Connect

Posts by kkeake

My DD is almost 15 mos. I have so far been happy to nurse her whenever and wherever she asks. Lately, at night, though, she's been waking up what seems like every hour and demanding to nurse. I have tried telling her, not now, or giving her other kinds of comfort, because I am starting to feel like a slave to my baby, and I don't want to resent her. Is there any way to cut the nighttime feedings down if she's in bed with me? Is it cruel not to nurse her at night when...
I wish all my son cut up with scissors was dolls and toys! He woke up really early one morning and I told him he could play quietly in his room and when I went in there an hour later he had taken a pair of scissors to his pillowcase and made a mask. Seriously. I was livid but managed to contain myself and say, Wow that's a really great mask. I'd love it even more if you had made it out of paper or something other than your bedclothes. He has cut his sister's hair...
My 14 month old is still in her infant bucket seat. Is that a big no-no? She's 22 pounds. She just seems so small to me still, I can't imagine having her forward facing.
Thank you for all your suggestions - I agree. She just isn't ready. She's been back in our bed since then. I may try some gentler transitions in a month or two, but for now we'll just stay the course. Honestly, I'm really fine with her being in the bed. So is my husband. My mother (and a few other people) seems to constantly be harassing me about it. How we have a perfectly good crib that never gets used, and how she needs to be independent, etc. I hate to admit...
I don't want to be alarmist, but this is actually something I would talk to his doctor about. There was a little boy I knew growing up who did something like this - he would stretch his jaw out in a weird way constantly - and kids were very cruel to him, but I found out later he actually had something similar to OCD/tourette's - I can't remember what exactly it was. This sounds more like a compulsion than a habit. Especially if you've talked to him about multiple times...
My daughter is 14 months old and has been in our bed since birth. Nighttime routine goes like this - pjs, stories, nursing session, then Daddy rocks her to sleep or she falls asleep in his arms while he reads a story. She sleeps alone in our bed until we come to bed, then she sleeps between us. She wakes anywhere from two to eight times per night and nurses back to sleep. I tried last night for the first time putting her in her crib. We nursed, cuddled, I sang a...
So I picked my two five-year-olds up from their afterschool care last Thursday. They are there from 2:00 - 4:30 Mon through Thurs. It's a mom of three (ages 6, 9 and 13) who watches my two plus her kids (after school) and one other toddler. We have been very happy so far. This is my first real concern and I'm kind of freaking out about it. We're driving home and I'm asking them about their day and my daughter says, "Oh, we played the kissing game with A. (the 9...
Well, I thought I'd post the response I got from Juliet's teacher. I thought it was very thoughtful and cleared up a lot of the confusion. "Hi Amanda, I am so sorry about this. As soon as C. took the the invitations out of her backpack I told her that she was not allowed to pass them out unless she was inviting everyone because it will make people sad that don't get one. I put them on Mrs. R's (the aide) area and she placed them in the mailboxes. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal I agree this isn't a bullying issue. It's tacky, rude, unkind etc... but, I really wouldn't call it bullying. My DD was bullied last year - she was singled out, she was told she was ugly, her clothes were ugly, that she colored like a baby etc... that is bullying. Not getting invited to a birthday party isn't bullying. Even if she said that she was only inviting her friends. Wow, I guess I didn't know...
Thanks for your input. I got an email back from the teacher, and she was extremely apologetic. It sounds like the invites were passed out kind of behind her back - she had made it clear that if you were having a birthday party you could invite everyone or no one at school. If you aren't inviting everyone, you can't bring invitations to school. So this was all done outside of her view. Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2maya That said, this is...