or Connect

Posts by theatermom

Thanks all!! I think I'm going to give Dr. Vines a call! :-) I'm still in shock that there might a solution that gives us so much ease! B, I think we do know each other. ;-) How funny! a
Hey all! We have a ped. we like in CH, but since we moved to Hillsborough, I've been hating the drive. Also, since our youngest turned 2, I've been tossing around the idea of not having a ped at all and just having everyone go to the same family doctor. So my questions are: 1. Do any of you have a family doctor instead of a ped? What do you think about this? 2. Does anyone have a recommendation for a family doctor within 10 minutes or so of Hillsborough who is...
Also, I know a few homebirth midwives who serve folks in Dubois Co, but they travel from B-town and Indy.
I'm not in Jasper now, but I had to respond because my husband and I are originally from Jasper (he was born there, I was an early transplant). We moved to Bloomington after we married. 90% of our family and friends are still in Jasper or B-town. :-) Anyway, surprisingly for such a small town (albeit one that has experienced growth over the years), there is a small but strong AP community. The non AP community will accept you if you don't back down and don't argue with...
I don't, and have never had one, but I am at the point of seriously considering it. With 4 kids ages 2-9, 2 dogs, a largish house and homeschooling, I'm continually surprised at how crazy the house is. It's all I can do with Dh's help to keep it from imploding. The only reason I hesitate at all is because I'd have to rearrange the budget and because I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it neat enough to have someone else clean it. This is a crazy problem for me because...
It totally depends on the schools, but I wouldn't send him to school just for the social aspect, especially given the challenges you have mentioned. My oldest is extremely extroverted (my husband and I are not), and gets his "fix" through his extracurricular activities (he's involved in a wide variety of activities that give him the opportunity to interact on a regular basis with a very diverse group of children). Join a homeschooling group -- the information that you'll...
How old is your babe? If your babe is older, and this is your third child, then taking a dose or two of a cold medicine is very unlikely to mess with supply. I would say you're fine to take something. It would be good if you also increased your liquid intake, both for supply and to help with discomfort/recovery from the sinus stuff.
Hey all. I'm wanting to start taking turmeric for some psoriasis/inflammation issues, but want to make certain that it's okay to take it while bf'ing my 18 month old (I'm also bf'ing my 4 yr old, but not nearly as much, and he's much older). All the info I've found online has been CYA, this hasn't been studied stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
First, I think your question is not unlike questions about what it means to be free. Are any of us truly free? I wasn't able to decide who my parents were, where I was born, where I grew up, who my earliest friends were, and so forth, and all of these things played a huge part in determining who I became. None of us is born independent of all others, even if we don't really have anyone specifically looking out for us. So, I think that "child-led" has to be viewed in much...
My mom loved to talk about the huge breakfasts her Great-grandmother cooked every morning -- most of the spread was left over from the night before, with fresh eggs, oatmeal, and fruit thrown in when available. So, she often had roast or steak and potatoes and carrots and such things for her morning meal. Most American breakfasts are trash. :-)