or Connect

Posts by kungfu_barbi

peace
Quote: Originally Posted by Savoir Faire Try baking soda and vinegar many times over with scrubbing in between....it has helped me. i just ran out of vinegar - cuz' i washed the floor today... but i've been soaking the pot in baking soda. thank you so much!
Quote: Originally Posted by rainyday Is it stainless steel? If so, I'd just soak it and then scrub it with a metal scrubbie. You can simmer the pot on low to help loosen it, but that will keep the smell around longer. I suggest taking the soaked pot outside and scrubbing it there. thank you so much. yes, it's stainless steel...
Quote: Originally Posted by pookel I know I've read here often enough that "obedience" shouldn't be expected of children, that their own desires and choices should be respected, that they need gentle guidance rather than firm rules. Etc.... in my opinion, it's not either-or it's both-and. i think children need both gentle guidance and firm rules. one very important family rule is 'stop means stop.' you can teach the stop rule and then...
whaaaaaaa... i was steaming veggies and the pot boiled dry. [the smell is awful, btw!] the bottom of the pot turned black and I had to throw out the steamer - is there any way i can salvage the pot? i love this pot - it's my favorite... and i only have a couple. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks. p.s. not sure where else i could have put this, but i figured someone might have a tip in this forum...
Quote: Originally Posted by gosoul2soul I say yes it is appropriate that they may not complete understand but it will be in them that if they do something you don't like you will be punished a few things: 1. welcome to MDC. 2. i'm not sure i 100% understand your post because of the pronoun shift. it looks like the use of the word 'you' in you will be punished refers to the parent. did you mean that the children will be punished if...
Quote: Originally Posted by pajamajes Does anyone consider themselves strict and GD? Do you think it is possible to be both? what does strict mean? if by strict, you mean firm, that's cool. firmness can be communicated in respectful, honoring ways. if by strict, you mean harsh, that's not cool. harshness and gentleness are diametrically opposed. peace
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronsMommy Is he too young for any kind of discipline? what exactly do you mean by discipline? i'm asking because i have known too many people who think discipline means punishment... so they think they need to be slapping a baby's hand, etc... i like that the pp said that discipline means teaching... another thought is to minimize the use of the word NO at this age. use the word STOP when you want...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaduck They have to stop spanking her and stop with the soap thing..... i agree. peace
posting through the tears my heart breaks for you and your loss. peace