or Connect

Posts by kungfu_barbi

what i would do: sometime when the boys are calm (a great time for a teachable moment), introduce a new "game." The Stop Game. The only rule is this: stop means stop. mom goes first. have the boys start doing something, doesn't matter what, but probably not something that will get them wild. (maybe it could be clapping their hands, coloring a page, picking up toys, folding towels, whatever). let them do it for a couple seconds, then say, "Stop." make it fun,...
sorry it took so long for an update: it turns out that my senior dog is hypothyroid. he also had a staph infection and a UTI. besides antibiotics he is on soloxine (for thyroid), and he is almost back to his old, spunky again. i read here that rimadyl is bad. does anyone know: is soloxine bad? i really appreciated all of the support on this thread. thanks. peace
Quote: Originally Posted by gumby74 Joanna: After reading your posts and looking at your web-sites, I just had to say that you seem like such a caring breeder i totally agree with this; joanna blows me away. peace
thank you for replying, deva. i didn't mean to go off on a rabbit trail, but your whole post was a beautiful tribute to your dp. Quote: Originally Posted by Deva33mommy ... a great guy who knows how to communicate well, and that in turn makes me more receptive to his suggestions, and makes it easier for me to express myself without the sarcasm and "bite" behind it. Our relationship is not perfect, but when I talk to him about my issues, he listens...
this is a fascinating thread, very deep. i may come back and post more when i've had a chance to ponder a bit. however, i just want to say, in response to the quote below... Quote: Originally Posted by Deva33mommy How I react to dp is quite related to how he treats me. I'm naturally a fighter in relationships. Dp and I have fought a handful of times in our 7 year relationship. That's because you can't fight with a man who doesn't give you anything...
Quote: Originally Posted by marieangela We have made the decision to put him to sleep tomorrow. i am so sorry for your loss. my heart breaks for you.
hi cr, you've already gotten great book rec's and parenting support. i hope you find what you are looking for. may i just throw something else *out there* for you to ponder? take it or leave it, it's just something i've observed... i teach parenting classes, and i can tell you that across the board, i talk to many, many moms who feel just like you: frustrated. different kids' ages evoke those feelings, but every mom is surprised by intensity of the anger they have....
a HUGE thank you to each and every one of you for what you shared. i am both touched (by the sweet sentiments) and encouraged (by your personal stories). i still can't say i'm thrilled with the policy, but i can see that it is what it is. ds has no medical reason why he can't be vax'ed twice for everything; he's never had a negative reaction to a vaccine. i will now turn my focus back to educating myself about vaccines for the sake of my future grandchildren. ...
i understand if this post has to be moved; i just don't know where else to put it. a little history: over the years, i have delayed or skipped vaccines for my all kids. last year ds (18) he went to china for a month, so we decided to get him up to date on all the recommended vaccines for that. we did it over a period of months, one shot at a time. now he joined the military, but he hasn't left for basic yet. at my prompting he inquired about vax. he was told...
MIRLEE! can you please give me tips on how to store negatives! thanks.