or Connect

Posts by kungfu_barbi

http://www.clutterfreeforever.com/index.htm I saw it on an advertisement in this forum. It looks really cool. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.
it is so hot here that i have resorted to leaving all the doors wide open. i put a leather lead on my dog so that he'd stay in the room where my kids were watching tv. well, the dog didn't want to be with them and they weren't paying any attention to him - so he chewed through the leash... not a messy bunch of teeth marks, but it's like a precision cut right through the leather about 6 inches from his collar. how and or where could i start looking to have it...
What type of boxes or containers do you use for [seasonal and keepsakes] storage? I have a wonderful storage room with tons of shelves in my basement. Up until recently, I have stored everything (seasonal items like Xmas, winter clothes, and random misc. stuff) in rubbermaid or sterilite plastic containers. But now I'm discovering that everything has a weird rubbery/plastic smell. So I'm switching over (and de-cluttering at the same time... woo hoo) to all...
thank you all soooo much for the really great ideas and the encouragement.
It seemed like a good idea at the time: after my grandma died, I inherited (by choice) all of her scrapbooks and photo albums -- I am talking priceless family heirloom pictures from 1915 to the present. In the scrapbooks are news clippings, obituaries, birth and wedding announcements for everyone she knew - her friends and relatives. But I also got every scrap of paper (like old valentines), every greeting card, thank you note and all of the out-of-focus,...
i think my house is the dustiest house on the planet. i can't keep up with it - technically, i don't even try. but it's spring and i was looking around and *ugh* dust is everywhere. specifically - how do you dust (clean) silk trees (fake greenery) and baskets? i just took them outside and hosed them off. is that bad? all of my friends have elaborate decorations with greens and baskets. i just have a few, and they are so disgustingly dusty. i want to get rid of...
i am on chapter 2 of Unconditional Parenting. it is a huge paradigm shift for me, and it confirms some of my sneaking suspicions about life. my own parents were masters of "conditional love" - though they would swear up and down they weren't. as long as i was acting right (which i did for years) - meeting their expectations and making their lives easy - everything was fine (for them). i grew up to be a fearful, insecure adult with absolutely no sense of personal...
ok Quote: Originally Posted by Ms. Mom There isn't a specific forum for that, but I'm sure the general parenting forum or Finding Your Tribe could host such talks