or Connect

Posts by ASusan

Nope. They stopped making separate MMRs a few years ago.   Here are my notes for preparing for - and dealing with after-effects of - vaccines.   Notes on Vitamins/Minerals/Herbs to use to prepare and help with vaccine response Vitamin C: 1000 mg/day for several days before and after Ice pack immediately following vaccination and later at home. Ice reduces inflammation. Alternating heat and cold acts as a pump to bring additional blood flow to the area to aid...
Ours is somewhere between 3.5-4% on a 15-year. We refinanced in 2010 from a 30-year to get that. I wish we had not. The increased amount of the payment is just a little too tight to be comfortable. I wish we had stuck with our 30-year (which was still between 4-5%) and just make extra payments as we could afford. We are house-rich and cash-poor right now.
bump
One thing I've done with classes (swimming lessons) when DS doesn't want to participate is to have him sit with me and watch the class. Is that possible with the ballet class?   I had him sit almost every day for a week, until he was ready to get in the pool and participate with the class. (However, the reason for lack of participation was because he wanted to play, not do the "lesson" part. If I had left the pool, he would have gotten to play elsewhere, so that...
I am sorry that I don't have much other than sympathy to offer you. If it doesn't respond to asthma meds, then it's not too helpful to call it asthma, is it?   I know you said you did elimination diets, but if they are CERTAIN there is nothing structural going on, I can't help but think there is some food - or many foods or combos of foods - that he is reacting to. Wheat makes my son wheeze for days after exposure, and his nebulizer just doesn't cut it. We have to...
I guess the police is probably the best idea.   I once had my wallet returned to me because of my Saturn card key (an extra key made into a credit card shape). My driver's license wasn't in there. The finder called Saturn corporate, who told him where the car had been sold (because the VIN was on the card key). The finder called the dealership (over 1,000 miles away). The dealership knew what car it was, knew who had bought it, knew that I was a local college...
Can't help you with the decision-making process, but I wanted to give a warning, of sorts.   My aunt - a hoarder of sorts - had a house-fire last week. At least 65% or more of her hoard was books - that she, indeed, read, and wrote copious notes in and referred back to - but, none-the-less, she had lots of books in her small house. Huge fire hazard - along with the collectibles, furniture, artwork, and clothing - but it was the books that had to be hosed with water...
Oh, yay!
I had a lupus dx several years ago. I was tired, in pain every morning. When I left my job (to move to another state, not because of lupus), I had a stack of notes that the secretary had posted on my door about how I would be in late today because it was just so hard and painful to get up and get going in the morning. I had costochondroitis - pain in my  upper chest and rib cage. I had pain in my kidneys (but every test they did said they were functioning fine & no...
Wisconsin Card Sorting Task = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_card_sort