or Connect

Posts by ASusan

Megan73 is right. The most important thing is to keep your newborn skin-to-skin and nurse on demand. The first 24-36hours are crucial. The feeding attempts during this time period stimulate prolactin receptors, which, of couse, aid in making more milk. If the receptors aren't stimulated during this time period, there may be problems establishing a milk supply that will sustain the infant. (So many mothers "don't have enough milk" - this is one reason, researchers think -...
ANother vote for acupuncture/Chinese medicine. Best if you can get a Chinese acupuncturist who will do custom herb blends.   The Infertility Cure, by Randine Lewis, changed my life.   http://www.amazon.com/Infertility-Cure-Ancient-Wellness-Pregnant/dp/0316172294  
I've had the best luck with liquid cal-mag supplements. Take them just before bed. (Take your multi at breakfast - especially if it has B-vitamins and iron in it - calcium inhibits iron absorption, or something like that. B-vits can jazz you up.) The liquid absorbs better, for me, in my body. BUT, I will say that tablets are easier for me to take. I usually do a combo. I keep the liquid downstairs in the fridge, and if I forget, the tablets are in the master bath to take...
Have you tried magnesium or calcium-magnesium?
The data on pregnancy consumption and prenatal exposure is mixed. Don't feel guilty; it's not a particularly helpful emotion (unless it actually drives you to action).   You said 2 kids w.  nut allergies but you reference only the 2-yr-old?   DS was dx with a peanut allergy (among others) at 10 mos, confirmed with additional testing at 15 mos and again at 2.5 yrs. They (pediatric allergist) told us to avoid all nuts for him, which we have. He's 4 now. He was also...
You are a very strong woman. I am sending continued good thoughts your way.   LynnS6 makes good points.
I"m right there with you , wasting the CSA leaves. The best I can do is to put them in a smoothie. That was working great until I got pregnant, and just when I *should* be downing green smoothies, I couldn't. So we've wasted greens almost every week since Sept. I still have 2 bags of them in the cold garage, waiting for lentil-bacon-greens soup or a smoothie. Or the compost
I can't see why they wouldn't let your DH in the room when they do the pap. I haven't tried it, personally, but DH has come to prenatal appts when they've done vaginal exams, and it hasn't been a problem. They *might* want to talk with you when he isn't in the room during part of the new patient intake. If they're being thorough, they might ask you about whether you are safe in your relationship, whether you feel safe, if you've been abused...they shouldn't have DH in...
That must have cost a bundle.   I'm still thinking it's IgE and she could have some intolerances/sensitivities that don't show up on that test.   Nice that you have access to a holistic ped. Our allergist (and dermatologist and ENT) at Children's Hosp have been not to my liking.  "You'll never figure out what's causing the eczema." "Steroids!" "Surgery!"  In that order.
So they stuck her with a bunch of pins, probably on a board, on her back and observed for wheals/redness/swelling?   That's an IgE skin prick test (SPT is the usual abbreviation in forums).   She can still be reactive/intolerant/sensitive without testing positive to IgE SPTs (or a RAST blood test, which also tests for IgE allergies), and it would be just as important to get those things out of her diet. Many typical (Western MDs) allergists don't recognize...