or Connect

Posts by ASusan

No, we won't.   We didn't with DS1.   DH isn't circumcised.
Have you played with digestive enzymes? helps the body digest what it's getting.
A good behavioral assessment would give you options for dealing with the crying, etc, while you are working on the healing.   You're looking for someone who can give you a functional analysis & a plan for dealing with the behavior(s). PP is right about consistency, no matter what route you choose.   When we have to, we give DS a "choice" and I very deliberately put that in quotes. If the situation warrants, his choice is between complying with our request...
Well, then. More power to you for eliminating corn. I think that is darn near impossible, and I don't wish a corn sensitivity on anyone.   Would you consider floral essences (Bach's Rescue Remedy is a well-known one)? There is a member who does consults and creates custom blends.   http://www.pediatrichomeopathy.com/p/custom-blends.html  
Well, then, I put money down on my post in your other thread. The difficult  behavior is food-related - a food you haven't taken out/figured out yet.   My DS has food allergies/sensitivities, too. He has always been in the higher percentiles (above 97th for height and around 60-80%tile for weight). Has always grown well. Has always been a "good" eater. But, at times, I can't help but wonder if he isn't getting all that he "needs" from food. (especially when I see...
Heh - I just commented on your "eat too much?" thread. And you're going to think I see the world through a food allergy lens. And I totally admit that I do.   Have you considered a food allergy or sensitivity?   Corn is the first one that comes to mind.   For example, our friends' daughter was a crazy child - unable to control behavior, unable to sit still, tantrum at the slightest provocation, waking at night for several HOURS (cheerful and playful)...and...
Seems normal to me. People comment on how much DS eats, too, and what you've posted looks about what he would eat at that age. He would eat an ENTIRE Chipotle burrito bowl (rice, 2 kinds of beans, meat, corn, salsa) when he was 2.5-3 yrs old. Other kids at Chipotle pick at their bowl of plain rice and eat a few crackers.   My only concern *might* be that she isn't metabolizing all of what she eats, so she needs more. With a food allergy or sensitivity, my concerns...
The words are easier to read in #1, but I agree that it doesn't look like "my type of place" for the reasons PP states.
SO glad you have other parents on board. It keeps you from being "that mother," and shows the teacher/principal that they can't just reject you because you're the nutty one.
I did do a natural delivery at Riverside, but it was clear that it was an "event" for them that they didn't see too often, despite it being the "baby factory" of Central Ohio. (10 admits before me, and 10 after me on the day I delivered. I think I was the only one who did drug free.) I left the possibility of another Riverside birth behind when my OB practice (Kingsdale) banned doulas.   I switched to Contemporary Women's Healthcare. The midwives in that practice...