or Connect

Posts by ASusan

We would use it in our house.
I can empathize, as you've just described DS's evening sleep routines from ~18 mos to 45 mos. Only very recently has bedtime become easier.   I can't really give any advice that "worked" for us. We just assumed that he needed us to fall asleep. He falls asleep at 10:25 if he has had a nap at daycare (can be up to 2 hours from 1-3pm). He asks for one of us, then the other one, then the first. We usually stop after 1-2 switches. DH puts him to sleep the easiest, as he...
Would you consider floral essences? A member here, Panserbjorn, consults and does custom blends. I do think they might help each of you.   http://www.pediatrichomeopathy.com/p/about-elisabeth-taylor.html    
DS has always been above the 95th or 97th percentile for height. He outgrew his Roundabout, and I bought him a True Fit, which was the seat on the market at the time with the highest RF height limit. He stayed RF in the TF until he was within an inch of the top of the seat, which happened at about...38 mos? He was over 3 years old.
My DS (4 yrs) gets like this, and I tell DH that DS needs some roughhousing. *I* don't love roughhousing; I have a bad back and I'm pregnant. I will do SOME activities like chase, but DH is the one who is the roughhouser. SOOOO necessary. Also called rough-and-tumble play in the literature -http://www.fira.ca/article.php?id=151. Flanders did an intervention group with fathers and young boys (who all had bad behavior in the classroom, and not-so-great relationships with...
Yes. I got my periods back when DS was 27 mos. (He's now 49 mos.) They were always 10 days long and every 21 days (ugh!). I got pregnant, and had a lighter, 5-day period at about 27 days, during my first month of pregnancy. I guess it was about correlated with when "implantation bleeding" would have occurred.   But, I had just started taking Chinese herbs to regulate my cycle, so I thought the lighter, later period was my cycle getting back on track! Luckily, we were...
I was using a rubber band on my regular pants -- until today. I went down to the basement and pulled up my "larger clothes" box. Regular clothing, but a size larger, lol, that I purchased after DS was born (and I hadn't lost my pregnancy weight). SOOO much more comfortable than rubber bands!   I also endorse - low-waisted pants, elastic pants, and leggings with elastic waist skirts.   I'm 16 weeks, BTW.
Who wears pajamas after they are 6 anyway?   Tshirts and loose cotton shorts in the summer.   Tshirts and sweats or loungepants in the winter.   DS is only 4, but I can hypothesize that this is the direction we'll be heading. He's worn Tshirts and shorts in the summer and leggings in the winter. We will probably have to transition from leggings as he figures out they are "girls" clothing and as the number of gender-neutral options dwindles.
Our son was 14 mos old, and we used a 6-foot fake tree. Less breakable ornaments on the bottom; breakables higher up. I put ribbons on a lot of the ornaments (instead of hooks), but not all of them.   I don't recall any issues with him trying to climb the tree or tackle it. I think he had a few favorite ornaments he liked to carry around.   We're pretty relaxed about baby-proofing, too, but, then again, DS wasn't really an explorer and was super-easy to redirect....
ThursdayGirl - I just had my midwife appt yesterday, and she checked my breasts. I told her I hadn't checked them in quite a while because lumps come and go due to breastfeeding. She said the only lump I should be concerned about would be hard, not movable, seemingly "stuck" to the breast wall. (She may also have said "round" but I can't recall correctly.)     I took out a box from the basement labeled "larger clothing" and I am SOO much more comfortable in size 8s...