or Connect

Posts by cuddleluvinma

Hey! First of all I just wanted to say congrads on your next bundle of love! As far as the bf thing goes...have you tried just explaining that it isn't comforatable for you when the session lasts too long? Or what about suggesting snuggle time or kisses (or both) at the end of the nursing session? May be he just needs that closeness with you alittle longer? Are you planning on tandum feeding when the baby is born? I really think that could help out with any jealousy...
[How about just reflecting. "I know you don't want me to say that. But this is something important I need to tell you. If you can't hear me right now, I will tell you later when you're calmer." I agree with this above. It lets her know that you hear her feelings but that she needs to hear yours. It sounds like your doing the right thing already, just wait it out. It will pass. My son is just 13 months and his thing is to close his eyes really tight. If he...
that's great! Just by reading that it says that you have given her self respect, problem solving skills and good communication skills. It can be frustrating to have the negotiations all of the time but it's worth it.She could be trying to have her side heard by whining or tantrums! she has the qualities you want her to have as an adult. Way to go!
I'm sorry you are going through this. It sounds like counceling would be a good thing in this situation. I wish that I had more to offer as far as advice. I do agree that backing down is not an option. Also, as far as time outs go...what has worked for me is not making the child go to time out but saying something along the lines of "You look like you're feeling out of control. Do you need some time away to calm yourself down?" Actually works. If it is his own decision...
[ I would think, if I were losing my temper to the point where I wanted to hit my son, who is 2+ feet shorter and FAR lighter than me, and who canNOT hold me back, that I would seek anger management counseling again.[/QUOTE] I wish that more people saw spanking like that!