or Connect

Posts by cuddleluvinma

Sorry, I hadn't read anything other than the OP. To bad that they aren't even interested in any other ways of dealing with things. Too bad for the kids.
It sounds to me like you have done all that you need to do. You said that you where sorry for hurting her feelings. But, you know what? I think that more people need to feel bad about that. i want then=m to feel bad enough as to where they'll stop the CIO thing. What do they think that their baby feels when they aren't answering their cries??!!! I know I'm preaching to the choir. It sounds to me like they want people to have opinions only when they fit into...
I agree. Ds nursed constantly when he as around 2. He had cut back so much that he was only really nursing in the morn, befor and after nap, and before bed. he nursed at night , but only 1-2 times. then there was the occational bo-bo that milk quickly cured. Then, he amped it up when he was about 2. I was where you're at. But, I stuck it out. It got better. I think that he still nurses quit a bit. But, not as much as he was. I think that because I can ask him...
Ok, going to this forum has me thinking of something that happened at least a year ago. But, I just wanted to share it. I can't remember if I had shared it when it happened or not. It's not long. But, it's cute! Ds was nursing and in the middle of the session, he looked at both breasts, held one in each hand, "bonked" them together, and said "cheers". : DH was there and he and I couldn't stop laughing...tears coming down the cheeks laughing. I love nursing...
My DS is 2 1/2 and still going strong. I plan on child led weaning as well. I don't see him quitting any time soon. I also enjoy the funny things that come along with nursing a toddler... when I'm standing up at the counter, and leaning my elbows on it, DS will pull my shirt up and nurse away. If he can't reach the milk then he will pull up a stool, stand on it and get his milk. If I'm busy and don't have time. I tell him so and say that he can nurse later. ...
I've wondered that too but never asked. glad to see this post. I don't know if DS will still be nursing when I have another one. May be. We are half heartedly trying for another one. I don't want them too far apart this time. My other two are 10 years apart. Sorry, that was off topic.
"she's not learning not to be a bully by getting hit. T's only learning that its OK to hit if your bigger. You could say that you don't feel comfortable having your DC exposed to people hitting others. you could say that you don't think that violence should be used as a teaching tool. I may think of some more later. But, I've got to get snack out.
she was just in a really bad mood. she's not normally like that. She ended up apologizing later (with no coxing). She knew she was out of line to not move for her Dad (or for anyone, for that matter). mom2joseph- I'm sorry you're having a bad day.
I wish that I could just plug books that I've read into their brains so they, at least, see where I'm coming from. unfortunately, I'm not so good with my words and get flustered easily. So, I end up not coming across the way that I would have liked to. "But he does say that spanking doesn't work with his DS." --So why does he still do it if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, he should try something different. Respect, may be.....? why is that such a...
that makes me so sad to read that. Sad and Mad. Although I am disgusted with this. I don't feel that this a new thing. I think parents have been doing this forever. I remember seeing it when I was a kid. What I don't understand is that the parents hit their kid when they do something they don't like. and then when that child later hits someone because s/he doesn't like what someone else is doing they get mad, hit the kid and say "we don't hit". It just...