or Connect

Posts by cuddleluvinma

Hey! My DS is only 2.5 but I am planning on home schooling and have a couple of questions that I hope someone would answer for me.... *What does the state of Michigan require as far as keeping of records? Or does it at all? *What curriculum do you use? (I would like to unschool but there is no way that my DH is going to let me do that. It was hard enough to convince him to let me HS at all.) I'm sure that I will be asking a bunch more soon. Thanks in advance...
I agreed with getting parnting books to help her come up with non-hitting solutions and explaining how you don't allow hitting in your home and somehow have a talk with her about your concern for her little one because of the hitting. If all of this fails then I would have to fire her. :Poor baby...9 mo....::
Yes. I do go to the child who is hurt. That's what I meant when I said in my OP that depending on the severity...that I give a hug and then talk with him. I rushed writing the OP and really didn't want it to get to be too long. So things where not explained as well as they should have been. But, I do hug (cuddle with) the child if s/he gets hurt and THEN go to ds. I like the idea of tracking when and why these situations happen. I have thought and have kinda kept...
I just wanted to make it understood that I don't have 15-20 kida at my house. I have 4 kids including my ds. Every kid (including my own) gets one on one time during the day. And he gets LOTS after daycare is over. Also, I wanted to let you all know that he seems to have grown out of his phase (mostly). but, others are into theirs. : We'll get through it. It's late and I wanted to respond to more but need some sleep. Thank you for all of your responses.
The4ofus- My original post was a month ago. I've had to change my tactics. I was hesitant to be as coercive as I am now. I really wanted it to work the way that I was doing it originally. I still do talk to him about what I see and that hitting hurts. But, now if he tries it again then I have to take him out of the room to cool off. I really don't like doing this and hope he grows out of this soon. But who knows. whozeyermama- I used to make the aggressor say...
I agree with keeping everyone safe. I do sit with him until he and the other child are feeling better. And then we talk about it and his other options he had that wouldn't hurt others. Then we join everyone else. I say that he can play by himself if he's feeling out of control and I encourage him (and all of the kids) to put themselves in time away if they're feeling out of control or having a hard time dealing with things.
I've been taking him out of the area and sitting with him until he calms down and then talking about other options that he could have taken before returning him to the rest of the crowd. But at age two, I don't see how to (or that I should) separate him from others. I also don't see why it's any different than a time out (if I leave him there by himself). "you've done something wrong. So we don't want you around anymore" is what it would feel like to me. And, I cannot...
Thank you for your response M2A. It's always good to get reassurance. Although I still feel that there should be something else I could do besides physically taking him away. It seems that most other people who do GD simply talk it out with their child and it works. And it does for us some of the time but not all. Then I feel like a failure.
Adele I see this the same as time out. It's isolation. He wouldn't stay there on his own will. I would have to physically hold him back. if I where on the receiving end of it I would feel that I wasn't loved no matter what someones words said. I really don't want to be going down that road. Not to mention... keeping him like that for the rest of the day would be more damaging than would a regular time out. At least that would only last for 2 minutes (if I went along...
Ok. My ds (2 1/2) has got a temper once in a while. It seems tha tnomatter how much validation of his feelings that i'm giving him and nomattter how much i[m trying to talk to him. He just is angry and wants topull on others cloths or hit or simply stand so that he is touching the other childs just to upset. I try saying to look at his friend, that his friend doesn't like X. But he just doesn't care. So, Ive had to physically remove him fom the situation. While doing...