or Connect

Posts by cuddleluvinma

OK, I do daycare in my home. I'm finding it more stressful than I'd like to be living and am wondering if anyone here has found something that I could do (may be in combination with other things) to make the money I do running a daycare. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by hubris My kids are 4.5 and 2 and we get a bit of snatching here. A few things we do: - point out / narrate the effect on the sibling from whom the toy was snatched "oh, look, DS2 is sad that you took the car out of his hand. He was really enjoying playing with that car." - explain that if somebody else has something in their hands and we want it, the way to get it is to ASK for it and WAIT for an answer - suggesting...
my ds wants to yell when he's upset. I tell him that he can step outside and yell all he wants and whenever he's done, he can come back in. We're usually there to support him when he does go out. I don't want him to feel that we are telling him to go away just because he's angry. I really can't come to a conclusion as to what I believe is the best for little ones, But, what seems to feel right is letting him hit something (a couch or a pillow) if he feels it. I also...
I'm so glad that you are wise enough to fall for that. I cant understand where they get their info from? And just to think that they're telling everyone this. How many people do you think change what they do just because they think that doc knows best? I hate hearing things like this.: What about finding a bunch of great books and articles on how CIO is harmful and give them to her. Who knows...maybe she'll change her tune? As far as the going to the bathroom...
I was told that there are classes that are offered and that when school starts she will be getting papers for baby sitting classes. I want her to take them and I think that she'll be interested. I want her to take cpr and first aid classes too. I take them avery couple/few years just to keep it it fresh in my head. It's so easy to forget.
Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling the Dept. of Human Services and turns out that there is no specific age that a child is allowed to babysit in Michigan. The worker that I talked to said that it all depends on the age of the child sitting, the maturity of the child sitting, the comfort level of the child sitting, the age of the children being watched, the amount of children being watched, wether there is a phone and people to call (if there's a question about...
most of the time when I'm on MDC I'm lurking. I love it here though. I usually just don't have time to post after reading all of the responses and what not.
ds used to sign for milk. then called it "milk" because I would call it milk "do you want some milk?" while I signed it to him. He never really took to "nurse". Although I would ask f he wanted to nurse. He (on his own) stared calling it mommies milk and milkies. While he was nursing on one side he would say "side" if he wanted to go to the other side. One time when he was done, he looked at my chest (shirt up to my neck) grabbed a breast in each hand, bonked them...
I miss being pregnant. I loved it!
: