or Connect

Posts by lmkirche

I found out they were stolen from his teacher. We talked about stealing and he is now writing an apology letter to his teacher and will return them tomorrow. Thank you for your support:)
My seven year old son came home from school today with over 50 small magnets in his pocket. When I asked him where he got them, he said "I'll never tell you". I told him that I need him to tell me because I need to know where he got them and if they need to be returned. Again refused to tell me. I gave him a hug and told him, "I always love you and I can help you. This seems to be a problem that needs to be solved and I can help you".. Again, he said (smiling) "I...
When I use the website, I either type in a book that I am curious about or type in a book that my son read and enjoyed to find a similar book at the same level or a similar book at a different level. You could try that. What about The Strange Case of Origami Yoda? My son started reading that and likes it or what about the 39 Clues books?
Do you know his reading level or what books have been successful recently. Here is a great site to search for books and find out their reading and interest level: http://www.scholastic.com/bookwizard/
All you mamas are so helpful! It is so nice just to read your responses and know that I am not alone. Thank you so much:)
I have a seven year old son in second grade. I am struggling with my expectations of him, whether or not they are too much and how to address them. Since he is at school now, time at home is so precious. He has always struggled with following directions and completing tasks. Simple things like washing hands after breakfast leads so often to playing with the towels and forgetting all about washing hands. Or instead of getting into the car so we can get to the bus stop...
My seven year old son also loves to read and has finished many of the book series that your son has. Some other ones that he loved were: A-Z Mysteries Catwings Melvin Beederman Jo Schmo The World According to Humphrey Boxcar Children Judy Blume's Fudge series We have recently started reading the first of The 39 Clues books together and so far so good. He also started The Strange Case of Origami Yoda and he so far likes that as well. A great resource that I use is...
My son has started first grade and I keep getting calls home from the dean saying that my son did something wrong. Today I picked up my son from the bus stop and the bus driver came out to speak to me and said that he was hitting other kids. This seems to be happening over and over again. What should I do?
How about a time out so both you and your dd can calm down?
Great thread. . .I'm going to check some of these out at my library:)