or Connect

Posts by lmkirche

[QUOTE=LynnS6;14778480]Is he bored? QUOTE] Possibly...He is a very bright child and is beyond what the teachers are doing. His peers are learning rhyming and beginning sounds. My son is working on segmentation and building words. He is already starting to read and write. Math is also easy for him. He learns quickly. He is very immature social/emotionally. He has always been kinda babyish. He's the only child and 2 minutes from grandparents so he gets lots of...
Yes, I've told him that it makes mama sad. And I have to think that the school is a good fit for him. His father and I own the school!! And I love his teachers! They are awesome! They both have over 50 years combined experience teaching children. One teacher was his teacher when he was a toddler, so my son knows her well. Since I hired these teachers and have observed them in the classroom, I have complete confidence in their teaching style. I think this is a...
My son is 4 years old. He has attended a private preschool for a part of each weekday since he was one. He has begun this school year "acting up" in class. He has trouble listening to his teachers, he pushes friends, he grabs or wrestles other friends as well. He teachers do not believe that he is mean, just silly. They say that he doesn't understand that he is doing wrong. I don't believe that entirely. I have questioned him alot about it asking him how he feels...
a
Quote: Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley I found it helpful to be calm and loving and unconditional. If he would boss me about I would simply rephrase (in prefered) tone. (me rephrasing - not telling him to rephrase it - I don't do the 'magic word' rubbish). For example: 'Play with me NOW!' (and other such bossyness) - I would simply, in a clam loving manner and tone rephrase: 'You would like me to play cars with you now?'. (oh hey - mum loves me...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee at that age my dd was v. much into pretent play. she LOOOOOOOOVED being a puppy. so i would have whipped out my imaginary leash and asked the puppy to go home. we have avoided SOOOO many outbursts by her crawling on all 4s out. I like this. Good thing to remember. Thanks
I was hoping for some ideas here, as I am seeking the same advice. I have a 3 year old boy who is also working on his "listening skills". He also debates with me and says alot of the same things to me. I feel like I have resorted to "having a talk" with him, which is probally either going right over his head or is ignored. I need something shorter, sweeter, and more memorable. Something that makes sense to him and can apply to multiple situations. We have talked...
for me I think it does, at least until puberty, but the real answer I believe it that it is just different. Once one problem is solved, another comes along.
My 3 1/2 year old has begun having tantrums when he does not get his way. He also has started wanting to be treated more babylike. He wants to be carried again, rocked again, and very dependent on mama. I don't know what has caused this. This seems to be something that would stem from a new baby in the house, but he is an only child. We moved into a new house two weeks ago, so that might be the cause to this. I don't know how to respond. I don't want to encourage...
Thank you.