or Connect

Posts by lmkirche

My son is in a typical 3 year old not listening phase. Can you help give me some tips on how to handle these situations. I could use another couple mom brains to give ideas. Thanks. The first thing my son has been doing is not following directions from his father. He will listen to me if I am there and repeat the direction, but not to his father. My husband will ask him to do something and my son will deliberately do the opposite. After talking to my son, it...
My 3 year old son has just started some really bossy behavior - he wants things HIS way - fairly typical kid behavior. I find myself getting pretty irritated by this and don't always handle it the right way and his bossing turns into tantrums of crying and stomping. He has the hardest time playing with his PRIZED TRAINS with me - His absolute favorite toy!! He wants things HIS way! He wants you to play with him, of course; but he wants you to play HIS WAY.: Now,...
Just to clarify, I would perfer the group to be more women-centric and natural living centric than attachment parenting centric. Even though I practice attachment parenting practices, I am seeking to find myself and becoming a better mother by learning and apprectiating myself more. Thanks! I appreciate all who read and respond to this thread!
I am trying to find a women's group that focuses on natural living in the twin cities. Does anybody have any suggestions?
My 3 year old son is battling a cold - runny nose, coughing, and sore throat - the standard winter cold. : I was wondering if anybody has any natural home remedies that you use to help ease the discomfort of the common cold. Thanks! All you mamas are awesome
I live in MN and my son just got an LLBean coat, snowpants, boot and mitten set - very warm! He can stay out much longer and have more fun than in the Columbia snowsuit he was wearing previously.
I think my ds who will be 3 in December has some imaginary friends - Tonce and Case. He has made make-believe cupcakes for them and sings songs about them. He was telling me about them dancing together. I know that imaginary friends are normal and show imaginative thinking on the child's part, but it seems too early for him to have imaginary friends, and I don't even know if these are truly imaginary friends. He goes to preschool and the teachers say that he is...
We tried a cot. But it doesn't seem to be the bed, he just enjoys being free. I leave the door open, and it becomes a game where he comes to peek out of the room. I have tried closing the door, and he just plays next to the door (not crying) until he falls alseep on the floor. Which could be fine, but he does not sleep well on the floor. I have tried sleeping with him or rubbing his back, but this has never worked, which is why we don't cosleep - When I am in the room...
How do you get your child to stay in their bed?
I remember waiting in line at ridgedale with my parents. We got there in the middle of the night and drove around until morning because the security wouldn't let anybody park. Then when it was time to purchase tickets, girls went screaming towards the ticket window, I jumped out of my parents still moving car and ran to get in line. Everybody was pushing and shoving, and my dad who chewed tobacco back then spit right on the ground next to the girls : whoa! you should...