or Connect

Posts by lmkirche

Gosh, this is the sweetest thing ever. I just had to bump it to the top.
Hi! : Excelsior is such a quaint little town - so friendly and peaceful. The beach is a blast. I agree with pp, Licks as a must do! Pizza Hut is just downtown and of course very kid friendly. Jake O'Connors is a cool old school tavern. The Prop Shop in Eden Prairie, off of Hwy 5 is a great 2nd hand shop - great stuff at garage sale prices! That's what I can think of for now!
Quote: Originally Posted by FondestBianca Also, you never need to defend your position NOT to co-sleep. People tend to feel the need to do that around MDC sometimes. No explaination needed! : Thank you
My family does not co-sleep (never worked well for ds). Ds (turns 3 in December) sleeps in a crib currently. He is very comfortable in it and has not requested a big boy bed yet. I always thought that I would wait until he asks for it, and then make the switch. However, yesterday he climbed out for the first time. I knew this day was coming, but dh and I do not have a plan for what to do next, so I turned his bed around so the shorter side is facing the wall...
I think group settings are a huge benefit to the child, but it depends on the daycare/preschool. If it is a good quality program with good teachers - absolutely beneficial. If it is not a program that you can trust and is chaotic, go with the one on one caregiver.
yes, my 2 1/2 year old knows his colors. But I wouldn't be concerned yet. Every child develops at his or her own pace, and has their own skill set - My ds loves to read but hates art! Don't worry, keep working with her, it will come.
My problem is that all of a sudden my child (who will turn 3 in December) has been skipping naps, and today was a nightmare For about a year now, he would: - wake between 6-7am - nap for 3-4 hours - bedtime at 8pm This made him and I very happy And doctors would say is very healthy because he was getting 12-14 hours of sleep. Now he doesn't want to nap at all, spends the afternoon crabby, and crashes at 6 or 7pm. This makes him and I very angry: How do you...
My problem is that all of a sudden my child (who will turn 3 in December) has been skipping naps, and today was a nightmare For about a year now, he would: - wake between 6-7am - nap for 3-4 hours - bedtime at 8pm This made him and I very happy And doctors would say is very healthy because he was getting 12-14 hours of sleep. Now he doesn't want to nap at all, spends the afternoon crabby, and crashes at 6 or 7pm. This makes him and I very angry: How do you...
My 2 year old current new favorite is Tanka Tanka Skunk! Loads of fun for him and daddy to read together! I personally love Silly Sally and Red Ripe Strawberry by Audrey Wood
I placed a post earlier about my son who sits and the concerns I had about him going to preschool, where after talking to the teachers, have boys who sit and do fine. I think sitting worked great as a learning tool, especially since I was the one potty training, not daddy, so he was watching me model it. I have come to the decision that he will stand when he is ready, and that's that!