or Connect

Posts by Mama_in_Maine

I wouldn't listen to that. I have heard of kids starting to speak at all ages. Even some adults have been known to start speaking words. Every child is different and develops at their own pace. I have heard the "5 Year Mark" for other areas of development as well. My daughter is 5 1/2 and continues to grow, learn and develop (just like any kid! ).
Quote: Originally Posted by starlein26 . ..... focusing on the positive aspects of this tragedy make more sense for me. I like to feel that I have 'gained' something instead of thinking that things were 'taken away' from me. Now this doesn't mean that I haven't struggled with this, that I don't occasionally feel angry...but I don't let this consume me. I find my way back up and these days I stay there longer and longer. Wow..you nailed it....
How old was your child when diagnosed? DD was diagnosed with classic autism at 26 months DS1 was diagnosed with classic autism at 14 1/2 months DS2 was just diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 29 months. How was your child diagnosed? All three went to a day of testing with an OT, PT, SLP, Social Worker, Child Psych and a Pediatric Neurologist. They also reviewed paperwork from all of their therapists and teachers and we had to fill out some assesments as well. Were you...
Who is the bride? Who decided your daughter would be the flowergirl. I would remind the bride of your child's sensory needs. You may be suprised how well it will turn out. My daughter is 5 and has Classic Autism. She was a flowergirl in a wedding in August. My daughter RAN down the aisle, hummed during the ceremony, hand stimmed often, didn't answer people when they spoke to her and wandered away alot. BUT she tossed flowers at the altar, danced her butt off at the...
I was casein free for my entire pregnancy and while I breastfed. DS was diagnosed with Autism @ 14 1/2 months. NO MILK and he is definitley autistic! NEXT!
: WOW!! Congrats! What a blessing for you! Our heads are still spinning and our twins are two..lol.
Yeah Caleb!!! That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
DD who has Autism lined up videos and video cases a few times. Maybe 5 total. She was never obsessive about it. Her thing was spinning items. She will be 5 on saturday and no longer does either. My son who is 27 months and has Autism lines up cars. He has about 12 cars of different varieties and shapes and sizes and will find them throughout the house and line them up. He does this about once a day and doesn't seem obsessive about it nor gets upset if they get out of...
My daughter stopped napping at 18 months because I was pulling my hair out by 2pm trying to get her to nap and if she did nap by then she wouldn't go to sleep until LATE. She probably could have stopped her naps by 15 months. I used to say she was fighting it cause she didn't want to miss anything! We used to have to hold her down so she would go to sleep at night. It was HELL until we found Melatonin. She now goes to bed about 8-9pm and sleeps until 6am. She still...
Yes they do..but if there are other symptoms it can also be a sensory processing issue or something on the spectrum. My two children with ASD toe walked but neither do now (they are 5 and 2). My other child who has some sensory issues and we think has something else going on still toe walks. He's 2. My mom actually still toe walks and she was diagnosed with hyperactivity as a child (undiagnosed ADHD and sensory issues).