or Connect

Posts by sweetpetunia

Wow, I already knew hemp was a very absorbent fabric. I use it sometimes for diapering but I had no idea it needs absolutely no chemicals to grow. That's amazing.
You're probably right Ana. That's all they care about.  
They should issue the same statement to hospitals. If they had maybe my son would still be alive today.
Yes it does concern me. I live in that valley and I hate it. It gives me one more reason to try to escape once again.  
I am completely, totally happy that I'm a SAHM!. Of course there are rough days, especially the days my 19 year old is PMSing or cranky or, well, there really aren't any other kinds of days for her.lol. But I really enjoy all my other children. I love homeschooling them and learning right along with them. Catching all their firsts and knowing they were safe.   When I worked, I worried most of the day about them. Were they okay at school? Being bullied? Were they okay...
Oh wow. After reading this I remembered that my husband did this with our oldest daughter. I think she was about 14 at the time. He had his old kayak strapped to the roof of his Jeep and he told her to climb up in the kayak and pretend to paddle while he slowly drove her around. Thankfully it was in a parking lot where there was very little traffic. I'm surprised they even told me about it but maybe they told me because we lived in a very small town at the time and they...
Oh this reminds me of my MIL. I don't know why I ever listened to her but she'd tell me not to pick up my oldest because it'd spoil her. So I didn't and I really think it contributed to our lack of bonding when she was a baby. I was also to always have some background noise like the TV or radio on. She says she started doing that the day she brought her oldest home from the hospital and therefore her kids would sleep through anything. She goes on about vacuuming in my...
Oh, and there are lots of things I remember my parents doing when I was a kid. One thing was we used to babysit my baby cousin a lot (this was in the late 80s early 90s) and I remember at least a couple of times where she got injured in the back of our car because she fell over while my mom was driving. Usually it was a bump on the head.   When I was a kid my grandpa always used to send me into the house to get him a beer. He and my uncles must've given me some...
Well, I think the reason why so many medications warn parents not to give to children to make them sleepy is because doctors used to tell parents to do just that. My oldest two daughters' pediatrician was a really nice guy. He started off in our town with a small practice and would take the time to talk to me and my husband and even once gave us his background story on why he became a doctor. I loved him. We were young and poor and he knew I couldn't afford some of the...
Oh thanks. I actually have already talked to a Ped at my church who told us she accepts Nevada Check Up and that we as parents still (for now) have the right to refuse to vaccinate our children. She doesn't like it but she doesn't flip out about it either. A friend of mine told me that particular Ped thinks that we vaccinate too much in this country. That was really refreshing to hear. Now ,just as a back-up, can I ask who you take your children to? You can PM...