or Connect

Posts by joyfulgrrrl

Agree! I've got five kids,and give zero f-cks what anyone thinks of that. If you want a fourth, have a fourth.
After an exhausting week of on and off labour, Zara finally made her appearance January 26th.  She's a bit banged up from the birth, but we are both home and well. I'll post her story once I have a few minutes on the laptop.    I can't believe I am a mom of one boy and FOUR girls.    She was 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and is nursing incredibly well, and we are in love.
Still here. ,y 5 year old is currently screaming bloody murder and my husband is not handling it well. I had to leave the room. I managed to get a couple of naps in today so am feeling less exhausted. I honestly don't feel like this baby is going to common it's own. I'm 11 days overdue. On mat leave which is a giant waste of time and money since there is no baby to care for. Kids driving me insane. All my DH manages to suggest is that I go to the gym. Yeah because that's...
I woke up at 3 a.m. With contractions, which have continued now for about 20 hours. Hey are regular - between 5-10 minutes apart, and many have been painful enough that I was vocalizing a bit. In the a.m. I was losing bits of plug and had a bit of show too.   The contractions got to about 5 minutes apart for an hour, so I called the midwife who checked me. ZERO dilation.    She said, rest up, see you tomorrow. But I feel like i need to be doing something. I went...
Congratulations mama! Welcome Bonnie Quinn, what a sweet name :)
Congratulations mama! Sounds like an awesome birth. Enjoy your new little one :)
I'm still here. Up since 3 a.m. with contractions that are definitely getting my attention. I am trying to ignore them but at 10 days overdue, I definitely know that today could be 'the day'. It does feel a lot like my last labour, where I had contractions all day but things didn't get hairy until about 7 p.m. or so - I even sent my DH to a hockey game figuring nothing was going on, then my water broke and baby arrived 3 hours later.    So basically, I think I'm in...
I'm feeling some pretty decent contractions today, and definitely wondering if today's the day. I also sent DH off to work, an hour out of town, because he would have to cancel a slate of patients for the day (40 I think?) and if there was no baby as a result, I would be so upset! So I called in the reinforcements (DH's cousin) who is babysitting my 2 year old, and I'm going to have a nap, then go to the gym for a walk and a steam...and hopefully get a mani/pedi before...
What a little sweetie! Congratulations mama, you're a warrior!
Congratulations, what an amazing birth story! I love that your son got in the tub with you, that's so sweet :)