or Connect

Posts by mountainskymama

Greetings mamas! The kids and I have been doing the candida cleanse diet for over a month now, and I don't know if I am having die-off symptoms the past few days or what, but I am tired and crabby and just not eating as much as I need because I am burnt out on the same foods over and over and over again. I've already got quinoa made...I've got some ground turkey in the freezer, and some leafy greens...and a couple other veggies...what can I make for dinner?!? ...
Oh mama... I am sorry you and your little girl had such a hard time. Every parent has done things they regret. You are not alone in that, and you are not alone in how you are feeling. You can parent your daughter, because you *are* parenting her. Please be gentle with yourself, and with her. Once you feel able to let go of what happened, move on, and find a way to re-connect with *your* truth, and with your daughter. Wrap your arms around yourself and around...
there is nothing wrong or implicitily sexual about a child's body...it is our own thoughts and perceptions that are projected onto bodies that create all of the wrongness and over-sexualization of a naked body (this includes both adults and kids) (imho). we spend a lot of time at home...this is their home just as much as it is my home. i want to wear what i am comfortable in...sometimes that is a dress with no panties on under, sometimes it is panties and a tank top,...
we cut crusts...before the sandwich is made...sometimes they go outside for the birds and other critters, sometimes they go to the dogs, sometimes they are composted, sometimes they are ground in a grinder for breadcrumbs, sometimes they go in the freezer and go into stuffing....that's what we do! :
I try to stay away from using the term 'stranger danger'. I live in a place where people are still able to hitchhike in relative safety, and where winter weather is such that if my car breaks down, I will be more than happy to take a ride from a 'stranger' who my gut tells me is safe to go with. It's happened more than once, and I don't want my kids to think that any stranger is dangerous....Besids, they see me talking to strangers all the time... What I have done is...
Hi 2late... I can understand why you are feeling a bit uneasy with this. But I want you to know that something along these lines happened between my dd and ds (although they are younger and closer in age), and it actually opened up some great dialogue about bodies and privates and what is okay... If what happened to you happened to me, and dd came to me and said that, the first thing I would do is ask her what she thought about it, and how it felt. I would also...
[QUOTE=lexbeach;11245795]The mom has told me about how she practices "Consensual Parenting". I put it in quotes, because I didn't know if what I was witness to actually was a good example of CL or not. I'm generally totally cool with people finding a snack for their kids in my house, but the way that this mom did it just rubbed me in the wrong way. It felt really awkward for me. I didn't want to have to be in the position to be saying no to her son--I thought that that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Juvysen I completely feel like I'm doing that. It does feel good to find consensus as much as possible, because we're all happier. I'm not to a point where I never take over (admittedly because I need to work on my patience, I think), but I'm getting there.... I think... Jenna...First of all, I *love* your signature! So sweet! It sounds like you are working hard to be the best mama you can be...in a way that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Juvysen The definition that was in a post on the first page resonates with me, but I'm not too sure that I'm doing what other CL's are doing... For instance, I don't feel that I have to give up "me" when dd wants to do something... I'm happy to tell her "I'll help you as soon as I'm done with X" rather than just jump up and help. I think that's reasonable, and she's told me the same thing before (me: ok, come get in your seat, it's dinner...
Quote: Originally Posted by lexbeach I had one run-in with a "CL" family that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole philosophy. A mom and her 4 YO were at our house for a potluck party (with several other families) and the 4 YO didn't want any of the food that was out for the party. So the mom helped him look through our fridge to find something else (without asking me first), and then he insisted on eating all of our peaches (which I had...