or Connect

Posts by JayGee

Good Morning, Dingoes! Today we hope to get a respite from the cold (high 40s) before the temps plunge back to below 0 tomorrow and Tuesday. Spring, when are you coming?! bec - hope you have are having a fantastic time in AZ. Soak up all the warmth you can! Real - I have similar memories from college. We never closed in the 4 years I wwas there, but I do remember goinng between buildings to get to cllassees with minimaal exposure. (oy, it seems my keyboard is...
Plady, that's way too much barfing to be normal . Hope the doc can give you and C some help. And I also hope you get the boxing in. It sounds sorely needed. Nic - I think Plady's question is an important one. Our Y pool (indoor) shuts down for thunder/lightning too. bec - may the nits be gone! Speaking of nits, my head was SO itchy yesterday and DH "thought" he saw "something", so I freaked out, did the whole lice treatment, washed everything in the house and sent...
Chores ~ my kids have chores and things they are expected to do each day, but I admit I am like you sparkle, a little lax at times. DS is excellent at keeping his room straightened, making his bed, etc. The girls would happily live in filth if I allowed it . We have a few designated "kids clean the kitchen" nights where they do all the after-dinner cleanup. I grew up in a house wiith lots of chores, while DH didn't have to do anything at all. Seriously... He wants our...
Geo - my Dad has double vision as a result of a fall that caused bleeding in that part of his brain. He has a prism in his glasses, but it doesn't help with close up. He goes to an occupational therapist who specializes in vision issues. Even during the 5 days I was there, his ability to focus at various distances improved. And how great for the school to tap into your knowledge pool to help them with the math curriculum! MelW - I'll pass on the 4-year-old too! Hope...
Home at last!!!!  I had such a great time in NH!  My Dad is doing so well, actually he is even better than before the fall because they were able to figure out his thyroid medication (so he's not falling asleep constantly) and his diuretic for congestive heart failure (so he can talk without constant coughing).  The only lingering issue is double vision which is improving.  I worked with him on all kinds of eye exercises that force him to focus on things near, far and in...
Shanti - it's so wonderful to see you here! You are so right about resetting the tastebuds too. Plady - 16 days in Mexico sounds heavenly! Enjoy! jooj - glad you were able to run today. lofty - I second the suggestion of checking in with some of the knitting-Dnigoes. Monikita comes to mind. RR - walked for 45 minutes at the Y yesterday and plan to go again this morning. This afternoon we are going sledding since the temperatures will be in the low 30s...
Good morning, Dingoes! When I got up at 5:30 this morning to feed the noisy cat it was -14 outside. Now we're up to a balmy -11. The kids are off school again today. This is turning into the world's longest winter break. Thankfully, I will be able to get to the library today ! So glad my Dingo sisters understand the gravity of a snow day with no reading material! Lisa - so glad you have a woodstove! I can't imagine the heat going out in this weather. Nic -...
Welcome back lab! Geo - ugh! Hopefully you can at least get the run in. lofty - layer up and you'll be just fine . We have a snow day today too. We got 14" yesterday and this morning it's -7. The Air Force base is even closed. Reading - I finished The Kite Runner and loved it! Also Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, which I liked and didn't like at the same time. I was hoping to get back to the library today for more books, but it's closed too. Snowed in with no...
Real - that sounds so trying for you   tjsmama - have fun IM training!  I never did well with heart rate zones either.   kerc - hope it warms up for you!  We're headed down into negatives tonight here, which hasn't happened for 15 years.   Heading out to shovel the pathetic 1" of snow we got off the driveway.  Will do strength workout in the basement later.
Gaye - that's so cool! RR - 3 miles of walk/run plus foam roller and stretching. Starting the year off right.