or Connect

Posts by JayGee

Nic - that's such an awful story! I can't even wrap my mind around anyone thinking, never mind saying, those things. Sorry your children had to witness that kind of hatred and bigotry. Shanti - I still eat potatoes and call myself Paleo. They come out of the ground, don't they? And if I don't get enough carbs, I feel yucky. sparkle - too funny! RM - water is your friend (and Diet Coke is not!) Could you be allergic to something in your house? Or something you're...
RR - ran 3 this morning And DS and I are running the Thanksgiving 5K on Thanksgiving Day!
sparkle - I was wondering how to spell that myself!   Real - and here I am hoping our board fires our superintendent.  He's been doing some sketchy stuff with money that I just don't like. Our district is not in compliance with a lot of state laws (like having NO PE), but he seems to think the laws don't apply to him.  Hope things work out for your district in the long run.   Kids - DS is 12 (6th grade), DD1 is 9 (4th grade), and DD2 is 7 (2nd grade).  I joined MDC in...
Shanti - so good to see your name here. I think about you so often. Real - I'm so sorry your candidates were not elected and that that superintendent decided to retire. I am starting to believe that far too many Americans really don't care all that much about educating the next generation anymore . The concert sounds wonderful though. Mel38 - So glad you had such a wonderful time in NYC! RR - went back to Kettlebells for the first time in almost 6 months on Wednesday...
Real - I can totally understand how that would upset you. But perhaps is the old "closed door = open window" thing. Geo and bec - good luck to you both in advocating for your children. I have a 4th grader I'm not sure exactly what to do with either. I just got her Lexile scores from 3rd grade... 1000. She's plowing through books like a freight train these days, but doing SO poorly in school. She cannot retain math facts in spite of all my efforts this summer. She...
Many, many to go around. I am drowning in library/auction basket/swim team/DD1's grades hell. But I did manage to run 2 and walk 2 yesterday morning. Mama needs a run... but it's not going to happy today . Must go send a million e-mails, buy groceries, and clean up the cat poop my cat left for me on the garage floor last night.
Congratulations to RM and DrJen on the completed marathons! And a BQ for DrJen, wow!!!! Good luck to Mel and Gaye today in NYC (that's me, cheering you both on!) jooj - I'm no help on the GRE since I last took it in 1992, but good luck to you on the test. What kind of grad program are you thinking about? Geo - I did the same thing this morning. I woke at my usual 6:20, which is unfortunately 5:20 now. lofty - you sound so deliciously happy! So glad the therapist...
Thanks for the new thread! Plady Hope you get to NYC soon, tjsmama. Off to swim practice.
Nic - your DD is a go-getter! Great job! tjsmama - yikes, that IS stressful! So excited to "see" you and Mel race this weekend in NYC! Get packin' girl! So Halloween turned out okay in the long run. DH took the three kids, plus 3 more friends in the van and drove all over so they could trick-or-treat in the pouring rain! Everyone's costume was destroyed by the end of the night, but they all had a blast. The best part was that I stayed home to "man the door" and...
How is it that it's 1:15 on Halloween and my children STILL don't know what they want to "be"?!?!?! This is by far, my least favorite holiday of all. Especially after the sugar-fest that was the 1/2 day of school we had today. Cue anxiety attack.