or Connect

Posts by JayGee

That's the crazy part, Real. She's 9 and in 4th grade ! Awesome pics, by the way. Go Minnie!!!tjsmama - you sound way more excited about C than you ever did about J !sparkle - Yay for the finished IRB! Too funny about your DS's comment!NRR - DS is 12 years old today ! I am amazed that I have a 12 year old, and that it's been that long since I brought home that screaming, crying, nursing-all-night baby boy. He's turned into quite the wonderful kid. DH decided that...
Jooj - I would be the crazy lady laughing out loud while walking down the street if I listened to Sedaris on headphones!  Glad the kids are catching up so quickly on their schoolwork.   And speaking of schoolwork,  DD1 is literally drowning in it :(.  Last night she had swim team from 4:15-5:15, came home, had dinner and started her work at about 6:30.  She finally finished at 10:10.  No whining, no fussing, just straight work, all the way through.  She had to create a...
What an awesome pic! I love dingo meet ups! NRR - I've got 3 new pairs of pants!
Happy Dingo Meetup Day in Denver! I hope someone brings a camera!   MelW - hopefully your night with your grandma was uneventful.  You're an awesome grandchild for staying with her though.   jooj - may the catch-up with DD be quick and smooth.  Maybe it will make her think next time (although, if my kids are any indication, it usually takes a couple of rounds of "consequences" for these things to sink in).  Enjoy the beach! And yoga!   Nic - it would be so awesome to...
kerc ~ glad it's not anything serious, but for me, giving up coffee would be life-threatening!   Nic - My DD1 is similar.  The only thing she loves is horseback riding, but a) it's ridiculously expensive to do any more than 1x a week, and b) it's more a workout for the horse than for her.  So, she's accepted swimming as her aerobic activity.  It became a lot more appealing to her when her swim coach told her that she used to ride horses and swimming made her a much...
kerc - ouch! I hope you can get in quickly and get out of pain. mommajb - plotting something ? Plady - it has been a hard year for you . Glad you rested today. sparkle - I heard a really interesting story on NPR the other day about PPMD and thought of you. Not sure if that's exactly what you have, but it sounded similar. I'm so glad you're figuring all of this out though. Real - glad you got your wallet back. I just read an article in edweek about Colorado Prop...
Jooj - wow, just WOW! That is so far beyond what our cushy westerized life is like. I can't even imagine. Your new home sounds good though, and your DH sounds like he works so hard to make things comfortable for those he loves. Still... yuck on the fleas, and the sanitation issues. NPR - my DH hates that I listen to NPR (remember, I am married to Mr. Southern Conservaitve here). DD1 loves country music (often inappropriate), DS loves pop (frequently inappropriate), ...
sparkle - RR - 60 minute spin class, very hard, but now I feel great. Must shower. I smell me.
Nic - I have the same question/problem with my kids and their music. There is something really disturbing about a 9 year old singing "up all night to get lucky..." . I am not sure how to approach it either. Gaye - glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Geo - in Bloomington I used to meet a friend to run at 5:00am and there were usually quite a few runners out at that time. It never occurred to me that it might be "suspicious". Real - sleep. Seriously. It's good...
Is it ever "too early"?! Hope you got a run in.Jooj - I am so happy to hear that you are back at home. Enjoy a hot bath, clean laundry, and a nice run.RR - meeting friends this morning for a run, so there is no weaseling out of it for me.