or Connect

Posts by JayGee

Safe travels, Jooj! Hope Paris was great . Heading out for a bike ride this morning. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to bike with my friend, so I'm looking forward to it. NRR - DH home again. This furlough crap better end soon. We're going to run out of money eventually. Although I really do like having him around during the day !
lofty - yeah, if it was PAID leave, I would be dancing around like it was Christmas. But sadly, it's not. Thinking of your MIL . DH went to the commissary to stock up after he got his notice today. Apparently, the commissary is shutting down tomorrow too, so they were having a huge sale on all perishables. My freezer is so stocked with meat, it's amazing! I'm running the oven cleaning function on our oven today (for the first time since we moved in 3 years ago ) and...
Real - I'll join you in chanting... Serenity now, serenity now . Gaye - I hope things slow down at work. That sounds crazy. And it also sounds like they need to hire another nurse. At least the paycheck will be worth it. sparkle - glad you got a good bike/run in. Sometimes that can be the difference between a good day and a bad one . kerc - send me some of those flashcards for DH. It always seems that when I'm most in need of DH (depressed, anxious, etc.) he gets...
towson - we've had a lot of success with going screen-free Monday-Friday afternoon. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday they are allowed screens, within reason (I add the "within reason" because when we first started, DD1 spent her entire weekend watching the Disney Channel ). We've been doing it this way for well over a year now and everyone just hands over their devices on Sunday night and doesn't even ask again until Friday after school. But it definitely took a while...
Plady - it's good to know the backstory there. Tara - welcome back! Gaye - holy babies! That sounds totally exhausting. MelW - I hope your husband's mood brightens a little today . RR - none yesterday, but happy to report no soreness or knee pain from Friday's run. NRR - Anxiously awaiting news of another furlough for DH due to government shutdown . I have once again overextended myself with volunteering and am somehow in charge of Class Baskets for the PTO auction....
I'm a Dingo this morning! I decided to run/walk from the Y and once I started running, I didn't want to stop. I ended up running 3.7 miles, no walking ! It was the first time in a long time that I've gotten totally "lost" inside my run and before I knew it, I was almost back to the Y. Not sure why it was so good, why it didn't hurt, or even how I had the cardio fitness to actually run that far, but I'll take it! Be back later, gotta shower and get to the library.
Plady - I almost think it's worse watching our kids endure this than anything else. Reminds me of the year my "best friend" had a party, invited the entire grade (except me), and told everyone she didn't "want Kristina following her around like a puppy dog all night". Yes, it was 35 years ago, and yes, it still stings to think about. Geo has some great suggestions. I admit that having a boy is a bit different, especially one who couldn't care less about what others...
Real - I've been pondering careers in education policy as well . My master's degree is in public policy and in my previous (pre-kid) life, I was a research associate on a variety of education and health care related areas. If I can access the part of my brain where I stored it 12 years ago, I can probably still even do regression analysis! So happy our Dingo friend is safe! Let the healing begin . I am laughing at everyone's SO "cooking" with beer, with books, with...
! DH grills at least once a week, but I am in charge of sides even then. He is good about doing dishes though.Waiting to hear from our sister as well.
Gaye - that sounds like the best, most fun tri ever! You have some pretty cool friends, Mama . Real - my DH seems to think dinner out is a "need" rather than a "want" too . He says it's so I can have a night off from cooking each week, which I appreciate, but man, is it expensive! sparkle - so glad your party was a roaring success! Honestly, it sounded like an awesome idea! lofty - thinking of you and your family RR - nothing organized this weekend, but I did do a...