or Connect

Posts by JayGee

sparkle - your Drink n' Dye (as Plady put it so perfectly) sounds like a blast! Wish I lived close enough to come. RM and Jo - to you both. Cancer sucks. Geo - how old is your friend? The Finnish education system reformed since 2000 and that's when all the changes happened. Before that, it wasn't so great. Good luck all you writers. MDC is pretty much the extent of my writing these days, aside from the occasional grant application . Germany is just a pipe dream...
I will definitely add the New Global Student to my reading list. I had the most interesting conversation yesterday with my co-chaperone on the field trip. She and I drove to the museum (no, I don't do school busses) and we talked a lot about education. Her DH works for the State Department and they have lived all over the world. She was telling me about her daughter's kindergarten experiences in Brussels and contrasting it with her son's current kindy experiences here....
Geo - you're right, I am looking for chapter books to read aloud to 3rd and 4th graders during library time. I read Chapter 1, and hopefully get get the "hook" and read something they ordinarily wouldn't. I'm looking for stuff that is at a grade level reading level. Thanks for the suggestions . Lisa - I am dealing with a similar reading issue with DS. He LOVED to read, plowed through book after book the entire 4th grade year. In 5th grade, he (re)discovered his love...
RM - gas, like gasoline? Can you keep it all under lock and key? I'm not so sure putting him back in public school would help. I'm so sorry . tjsmama - men are weird. Did J suddenly get some cold-feet? Sorry the coffee date was a dud. Plady - good luck with that MelW - thinking about your husband and hoping for some answers . jooj - Dingo-tour sounds like a great idea for next summer. Or at least another camping trip that you can come to. lofty - Adorable new...
sparkle - great idea! I didn't get an appointment today, but I hope to tomorrow. FWIW, I'm doing really well with NO sugar and only one piece of fruit or berries/day. Feel better too, well aside from the crud I've currently got. bec - awesome job to your DD! I can't believe she's running a 1/2! jooj - hope the goodbyes are too sad and your off and running on your adventure ! Enjoy your 13.1 mile walk! NRR - still feeling bad, but I couldn't get an appointment for...
Plady - in a word, yes. No idea how to fix it though.
kerc - ugh! I actually take my car to WalMart for oil changes and haven't had any issues. We have the same scheduling issues at the Toyota dealership, plus they always find "something" (expensive) that needs fixing . Real and tjsmama - scary, scary flooding out there. Glad you're both safe. sparkle - thinking about you NRR - I woke up this morning with what I think is a sinus infection. Sheer misery - eyes, teeth and face HURT! Off to the doctor tomorrow morning. ...
I do a lot. For the last 2 years I was on the PTO board. Last year and this year I am the Library Volunteer Coordinator - due to budget cuts, individual schools do not have a librarian, so I manage, schedule and train about 50 parent volunteers and spend between 15-20 hours/week in the library. I am in charge of the class baskets for this year's auction as well, but the library takes up most of my time. I wish I could be paid for my library work because it's really my...
Geo, I think that is a good suggestion too. They obviously have a lot of steam to blow off! It's hard for me to grasp because at that age I was all about following the rules, listening to leadership and being a "good girl"! There are a few in the troop who are obviously very uncomfortable with their peers misbehavior (as I would have been) and others, like my DD, who think it's great fun! Could possibly be an introvert/extrovert thing? I don't know.
tjsmama and Real - scary weather out there! Stay safe, and dry. towson - pneumonia? Yikes! Feel better soon. lofty - that is about the cutest picture ever jooj - love your DS's subject for his paper. Have a great time France. I can understand your reluctance to return to the US. I often wish I could leave! I keep trying to convince DH to apply for government service positions in Germany or England! mommajb - Farm School sounds lovely. Grooming horses is so...