or Connect

Posts by JayGee

No way are we inviting the whole class.  My kids invite their friends.  Why should they have to invite kids they're not friends with?  That said, when I was in 8th grade my BEST friend threw a party for the entire grade and didn't invite me (and only me), because "she didn't want me following her around all night like a puppy dog."  Now THAT hurt.  Similarly, one of DDs best friends had a party this year and didn't invite her (but did invite ALL the other girls in their...
Good Morning!  The much-anticipated ice storm is looking more and more like rain.  Yay!  We'll see about tomorrow, but school is a go for today so far.   lab ~ I read your post about your son and pushing your son to run when he's injured sounds like a bad idea.  I am all for pushing athletes when they don't WANT to run, or are sore from a hard effort, but if they have a true injury (as your son's doctor indicated), making them to continue training at the exact same...
DH gets home around 5:00, gets into old soccer shorts and a favorite T-shirt and plays with the kids until dinner is ready.  He usually takes them downstairs to the unfinished basement and plays indoor soccer or hockey with them, or they'll play Wii together while I cook.  We all have dinner together at 6:30 or so and then he usually does the dishes and cleans up the kitchen for me (I cook/he cleans).  The rest of the evening is kids' homework, more playing together,...
We just moved and when the movers pulled the computer desk away from the wall, there was a decomposed mouse carcass behind it!  I'm pretty sure it was one of my cat's "gifts", but eeeeewwwwww!
Lalalala ~ Yay to your DH!  Perhaps a little "crosstraining" would go a long way toward making your approval known!  I'm so glad you had a nice weekend.   Jo ~ a sad farewell to your sweet goats.  How did the farm showing go?   Maybe my problem with making new habits is that I can never hang in there for 66 entire days!  GAH!   I was super-crabby yesterday and took all of it out on poor DH.  We drove way out to the west side of St. Louis to a furniture store...
JenLove ~ that is so sweet!  I always start feeling crappy around 10 dpo when I'm pregnant!  Seriously, if I'm exhausted and nauseous, even if my period isn't due for a couple more days, it's time for a test!   Mel ~  Sorry your DH isn't "getting it".  My DH can go to the other extreme when it comes to chores.  He likes the house totally uncluttered, perfectly clean and very organized.  Not feasible with three children running around.  He can get very frustrated when...
I have a Garmin 205.  It doesn't have a heart rate monitor, which I wouldn't really use anyway.  I love knowing how far/fast I'm going.  It's a little large on my wrist, but overall, I really like it.
Swim report ~ none.  It would help if I packed my swimsuit in the bag, wouldn't it?  Doh!  Instead I had a fantastic 4.5 mile walk/run with only 1 mile of that walking and the rest running.  And half of that running was intervals at 5K pace.  I really feel my running legs returning.  I also saw a running/triathlon friend at the Y and it was nice to catch up with her a little bit.  Why is it that that when I'm running, I am invincible!?  Nothing can stop me.  I have plans...
JenLove ~ how are you feeling so far?  I have an October baby (well, he's 9, but still...!)   Jo ~ I hope the farm sells quickly.   mommajb ~ it's weird being back where I've lived before.  I've run into lots of people I knew already, which is nice.  I keep seeing people I think I recognize, and then realize they just look like someone from Bloomington LOL!  At least I don't need to learn my way around here like I usually do when we move.  So far the transition...
Congratulations JenLove !  Yay for more baby Dingos!!!!   Jo ~ wow, things are moving right along.  DH always wanted a goat, but I'm pretty sure my subdivision would have nothing good to say about that!  How did the farm showing go?  Or hasn't it happened yet?   mommajb ~ my kids are perpetually trying to get out of brushing teeth too.  Really?  Is it that awful?  I actually kind of enjoy it!   DS woke up at 4:00am with a horrible headache and proceeded to...