or Connect

Posts by indiemamma

My two-year-old is very brave (yay AP... I think! ) so our car routine goes like this: In the apartment, I pre-tie my Moby wrap, pack up our diaper bag that doubles as my purse (all I need is my wallet and sunglasses) and put the baby in the Moby. Walk out to the car, open Jonathan's side (we have a van), put him in but not in his seat (haven't figured out how to do that with Hannah on my chest) and close his door. I'm ok with him climbing all over the seats while I get...
We had an unplanned UC... I had been in labor all day at the hospital but was sent home and told to come back when "something changed". Well, my water broke when I was getting out of my third bath of the evening and I started pushing right away! Poor DH... he freaked out but did AMAZINGLY well... suctioned out Hannah's airways and caught her since I was standing up! It was AWESOME and we'll do it again next time... especially since we just got the bill for the pointless...
I'm almost embarressed to say, but we had sex after 1 week! This second birth was so amazing and so FAST that I had no perineal trauma. Plus, I think because we did it on our own and DH delivered Hannah, we felt like superheros. My bleeding stopped about 5 days pp, but it did start again after we had sex. We waited 3 more days and it stopped again. Weird, but our midwife said that was pretty normal and that she didn't think most women would be up to having sex so soon...
I WOH only one day a week and do my other four here at home. Its been a struggle and I can totally understand the mamma's who feel guilty for "ignoring" their kids to get work done. But here's my advice (and what I'm trying to learn too!): save the guilt for when its really important! Like, if your baby is screaming and you are ignoring them so you can get work done, you should feel guilty. But if your little one is laying contentedly staring around, its OK! We don't...
What has worked for us in the past is for me to lay down with our DS and nurse him to sleep, and when he's good and OUT (deeply breathing, not stirring at all... usually about 20 minutes), move him into the Pack 'N Play. I would usually take one of the blankets that we had been laying on and put it in with him so he still has a feeling of body warmth. It worked great for us! DH did have to make himself small for the middle of the night feedings, but he sleeps so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe Well, *he* may have. Just saying..... I hope she finds out what is wrong and finds help. I also say she get a second opinion. Too many Drs just reach for the pill as a "catch all, cure all" solution to every gyno problem. Yikes, the painful truth! And I agree about the Drs... I was perscribed the pill at 14 b/c of "irregular periods". What woman had "regular" periods at the start?? As it turns out,...
Thanks for the advice and prayers! She's sure its not an STD since she hadn't had sex before they got married :. It sounds like endometreosis or PCOS to me. Anyone know of natural remedies for these??
Quote: Originally Posted by naismama Hi Indiemama! I am tandem nursing a 27 month old and a 5 week old! I'm sure there are many benefits to tandem nursing, but I am losing faith at this point. I stay at home with them both all day, and I'm going crazy! I'm trying to get dd down to nursing three times a day. Just today she has started to ask to nurse together with the baby, and I am having the same issue as you--needing to support both breasts. I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Meredith&Alexander Still going ok over here- although Ford is starting to get possesive of me and will whack at Alexander when I nurse them together, or get really ticked off when I nurse Alexander where he can see me. Wow! Since I'm the only person I know who is currently breastfeeding, I get the "you're STILL nursing him?!?!" comment a lot... and he's just two! Do people make comments about you nursing Alexander? ...
Who else is doing it and how is it going for you? How old are your nurslings and are you loving it? I'm nursing a 27-month-old and a 7-week-old and am having a hard time getting the kiddo to wait while I'm nursing his sister! I have tried nursing both at the same time but being big breasted I have to support the boob and their heads... I need four hands!: