or Connect

Posts by mamarosa

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I frequented these threads. I think we hit a new level of EC today! Dd has been ec's since birth, and she is now 11 months. I havn't put her in a diaper at home or running to the store since she was about 5 months. I do still put one for rare occassions, depending on the circumstance. Sometimes visiting family I'll put one on just so they don't feel uncomfortable holding her. But less and less even in those situations, as she...
Could definately be normal Babies often get really clingy and easily upset when they are teething, going through a developmental transition, etc. It is possible that a food or other alergy could be agrivating her more than 'normal'. That might be something to look into. The best thing I can advise is to have patience with her (not always easy, I know). Just be there for her when she is ready to calm down. Try not to force her to do anything unless it is totally...
Well the doctor (also very progressive) said not to worry. Actually, her adhesion was no longer over her vaginal opening, it was just the lips looked fused to the skin around them. She said "some of us have long lips, some of us have short lips... She will change during puberty and be just fine." I am making an effort to massage a bit of salve into her labial area whenever I think of it. She didn't mention that it was a symptom of androgeny in any way, and I can't help...
Thanks for the replies. I can see how an ointment might prevent further adhesion, but what about what is already fused? I guess I'll find out at the doctor's tomorrow. And I sure hope there is something natural...
Well I'm a mom to an Azlan Helix (aslan means lion in turkish, helix basically means spiral) and Xiola Diamond Iphracina (pronouned zy-oh-la, it is a bush that grows in the Isreal dessert and possibly an old biblical name. Iphracine (pronouced eye-fra-seen-a) was dh's grandma's name, of Black Sea German origins.)
Hi all. I'm comming back from a long vacation from Mothering to see if any of you mothers have some insight into something I've noticed with my daughter. She is 8 mos, and a couple of weeks ago I noticed a thin film of skin growing over her vagina, trying to close up the opening - close to the labia. Well when I wiped her, it hurt her a bit and the film tore away some. I thought it didn't seam right. Later, the rest tore away, with minimal complaint from her. Well,...
The trading post section seams to be gone on this site... None of the stores in my area are selling BB Baby Potties. Does anyone have one for sale? Rose.
Just wanted to say that my son is still very quiet around people - even ones he knows well - until he decides to warm up. He has an excellent vocabulary, but many of our friends have no idea. Also, he was very sensitive to loud noises, and still is, though less so. He isn't shy about covering his ears dramatically when he doesn't like something. And he has never had an ear infection. If this boys mom is away, and he is also getting babysitters as well as his aunt,...
Maybe she is just referring to the achy feeling that tells us we have to go poo. Sometimes I get a little cramp in my guts, but everything comes out fine.
Well babies half asleep can really seam asleep. I had read that babies will always wake up to pee, and now I believe it to be true. But a few months ago, when dd was still pretty new, I had just finished reading all this EC stuff on the net, I went to bed with dd fast asleep... 2 mins later she poops. I pick her up, get her in the bathroom, take the diap off, let her finish, rinse her bum. She doesn't crack an eyelid the whole time... doesn't even need to nurse back to...