or Connect

Posts by fyrebloom

I've done several ideas in the past.  One year we brewed cordials for our family only to find out many would not even have alcohol in the house.  The next year we made homemade root beer for the non drinkers and cordials for the drinkers.  To make cordial, seep your fav fruits and spices in vodka or brandy for 3 or more weeks.  When the time is up strain out the chunky stuff and add water and sugar to taste.  We've done pumpkin pie, apple cinnamon, cinnamon, hazelnut,...
So when my twins were about 18 months old they hit me with some twingenuity.  One day I found some poop on the floor.  Well sure enough there was one of my daughters with her diaper unsnapped.  I cleaned up the mess and put her in a new diaper.  Not 10 min later I hear my son yell out "MAMA, the twins are playing with poop"  I go into the room where they were and they were indeed playing with poop, but they were both in diapers still!  I checked their diapers, nothing...
So I know of NO negative studies but this article lists standardized test results of home school kids by socio-economic level and shows that even among the least educated poorest homeschoolers, test results are still better then in the public schools.   http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/30/home-schooling-outstanding-results-national-tests/
Savoir:  Looks like we're pretty close in routine.    Wake at 8:30 get showered and dressed, make the bed, drink my coffee and make breakfast. The kids usually wake around 10am (although my eldest woke at like 8:29 this morning.  Nothing worse then having to deal with instant whining an hour and a half early and before caffeine and shower.  I have connective tissue disease so If I don't get that shower, my muscles don't work.  UGH) and we get breakfast done.  Kids...
So I've been unschooling my 5 year old this year and plan to start kindergarten next year.  I also have three other children at home and all of the other chaos and clutter that comes with having 4 young kids!  I'm struggling to keep up with the house and still do enough with the kids.  How do you balance it all?  We've been clutter purging like mad to make life simple but it feels like I spend the whole day cleaning and then once the baby goes down for a nap we do some...
Sorry if this double posts  My first kinda disappeared! :  I loved my prenatal cradle when I was pregnant with my twins.  I had terrible inguinal ligament pain, ps pain and round ligament pain.  No pain at all when the cradle was on!  Downside?  The straps show if you wear anything lowcut but I know I was in too much pain to care LOL!.
The thing is it's not in the best interest of the website to allow such adds.  We're not the target demographic for  this stuff.  If other mainstream yet somewhat natural products were being displayed it would be different.  Where is Annies, Amy's, Ians, 7th gen, Stoneyfield, Method, Burt's bees, etc.  They'd get alot more ad revenue with those sorts of product placements.  
Mine were Breech/Vertex (which is different then vertex/breech) and were born via c-section because of pre-e at 39w4d.  We were concerned about them locking chins and thus decided against induction.  They really were pushing me to have a section at 38 weeks, but I held off until my BP forced the issue. 
How cool!  Your kids are adorable!  
Wow, there is SO much nastiness on this thread!  Yikes!  You'd think she was trying to starve her nephew!  When we breastfeed we do it all.  There is no dad helping (unless we pump.... much more of a PITA then feeding baby at the tap) there is only mom and her breasts.  There is this attitude that if you formula feed you can just pawn the baby off to the nearest set of arms and it's "an honor" to feed them smelly staining dairy product.  What is wrong with saying no? ...