or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

We've moved around. A lot. DS1 was born at a hospital. DS2 was born in a house we rented for a year and a half from my aunt. DD was born in the house we lived previous to buying the one we're in now. We are done having kids. No babies will be born here. And for some reason, that kind of makes me sad! I suppose as long as my aunt still owns that house we lived in, we can go back someday to show Henri where he was born. We would only be able to drive by the house Fleur was...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee i remember when i was a little child my dad got this opportunity and we the children were sooooooooo excited. we sooooo wanted to go. but my mom freaked out and was tooo scared to go. to date we still wish they had gone. my dd would love me to move. seh is 6. its coming from her and not me. just for the experience. seh says it would be a wonderful experience to live and see how that country is instead of just vising...
Quote: Originally Posted by Erinz My garden is my place of zen, so being out there was paramount to surviving difficult early breastfeeding and world-rocking in general. If the garden is your salvation, grow it! If it is just a chore, be minimal about it. That's my advice I have to say watching my babe crawl around in the mud and dirt was fabulous. He loves his veggies and I credit much of that to the fact we plant, water, feed, and harvest...
Fleur was born June 5th, heading towards the peak of cucumber season. I didn't stop doing anything, gardening-wise. The day after she was born I went out and weeded and picked some cukes...and I'm talking MAJOR weeding. I felt great after having her, though-tons of energy! A week after she was born we all went to a U-pick farm and picked strawberries! I just popped her in sling (I used a simple wrap made out of gauze material) and went about my work.
Quote: Originally Posted by chirp Hello y'all...we just bought a house in Zone 7 and I want to get my dream garden going...a little bit at a time. I am going to get fruit trees started...we were thinking cherry, peach and apple. Anyone got any experience here? Our yard isn't too large but there are lots of surrounding farms that I figure we can get some pollination action from. Is that faulty thinking? Also, i was thinking of putting a root...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla What kind of bottles are you using? First of all, I'd start putting less milk in each bottle, so she's not as likely to drink a little, get filled up, and then want to play with the bottle. Secondly, you might want to see if maybe a different kind of bottle is easier for her to drink from. Are you 100% sure they're making her self-feed and that's why it's spilling? Could it be that it's dribbling out of her mouth...
They all apologized today. I explained to the classroom aids about pumping and all of that. So I guess we'll see if they'll be more on top of things from now on. Hopefully nothing will happen again.
Quote: Originally Posted by nabigus My heart is in my stomach. I need some words of wisdom, lots of them. I have no idea what to do. Ds is in a Montessori preschool full time. He started this fall, and the transition in seemed absolutely flawless--from day 1, he was completely engaged and ready to go. The problems began about 6 weeks later, and they're all over the place, but seem to stem (I think) from anxiety and wanting individual attention, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by proudmamanow I would also encourage you to get a good basic workup for her, anemia, any potential thyroid stuff (not sure if this happens in a 4 yo). Good luck, mama! I also thought "thyroid". I know a few people who developed hypothyroidism in childhood, and ALL of them lamented about constantly telling their parents how tired they were, but the parents shrugged it off as being something else and waited too long to...
Quote: Originally Posted by hedgewitch To be honest we have started setting clear limits for our ds on this sort of thing (he is 3.5) and we are seeing results. We are letting him know that when we are speaking we are unhappy when he constantly interrupts, we are asking him to say "Excuse me." when he wants our attention. We are also setting a rule that he ask to get down from the table when he is done. This has helped a lot as he often has a mouthful...