or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

I had wicked back labor with DS1, but he was posterior. I was very worried it would happen again with DS2 because I'd sustained a very serious back injury during DS1's birth, in addition to old injuries that had not yet been resolved. I saw a chiropractor several times a WEEK during DS2's pregnancy, and I did not have back labor with him. After that I continued to see a chiro, and all of my back problems were finally resolved : BUT...even though DD was not posterior, I had...
If you can train him to stay at the end of the bed, I wouldn't worry. But if he insists on sleeping by your head, you might have to make him sleep in his doggie bed. When we had cats, they were used to sleeping right on my pillow. We eventually had to keep them out of our room because they would not leave us-or the baby-alone.
I had this same problem. We put a waterproof/allergen proof wrap on our mattress and it made us all sweat like crazy! We're much more comfortable now without any cover on the mattress. Fleur rarely leaks through her diaper or spits up at night, so I'm not worried about anything getting on the mattress.
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother If Fleur is the only child who can't hold her bottle it should not be hard to spend a few minutes feeding her.My DS's center would use boppies, laps, swings anything to assist thw workers with feeding two or more children at the same time if they had to. I feel bad for Fleur. I thought this myself : And I have seen them helping some of the very little ones by sitting them in swings and feeding two at...
I'm not going to be nice about this because it pisses me off and I'm fed up with it. When I TELL you MULTIPLE TIMES to HOLD MY DAUGHTER when she is being fed, DO NOT put her in the swing and half-assedly stick the bottle in her face, then let her play with it for so long all the milk runs out and soaks her clothes! This has happened 3 times in the barely 2 weeks I've been back at school. I went apeshit on the daycare directors and warned them not to let it happen again....
Paddy is normally a very happy, complacent, even obedient child. He is a total teacher's pet at preschool and they always rave about how "good" he is and how he always does his work as told. Not one second after I come in the classroom to take him home, he starts acting ridiculous and not doing what he's supposed to (wash his hands, get his lunchbox, etc...) and runs away from me in the hallway! At home, Paddy yells at us if he wants anything. "I WANT A GLASS OF...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez I'm bad visualizing things... what shape/size is the opening? The scummy stuff that I skim from pickles always forms around the edges, so for me, I'd want to be able to get to that part. Wonder if your container could've been used for fermenting some sort of beverage? I also wondered this, because alongside it is an old glass gallon-size apple juice jar from ages ago (the label is still on it!) The...
It's like this with my oldest. I weaned him very early because my milk dried up when I was pregnant with his brother. DH took over with bottle feeding and even nighttime feedings, and pretty much replaced me. He's 3 years old now and still mostly aloof with me. He'd much rather spend time with DH, and that's fine with me. It does bother me sometimes, but I really don't see how I'm going to change it, especially not with his clingy 2yo brother and a 7 month old baby who are...
I suction Fleur's nose if it keeps running. She's going through the same thing right now, and I've found that if I suction her a few times a day, it keeps her nose from being such a mess and she seems more comfortable. We got the Little Remedies brand that comes with saline nose drops. The tip is soft and flexible, so you can't hurt the baby.
She is 7 months old, so we're just getting started. I've been introducing 1-2 new foods per week, and I don't even offer solids every day so she's mostly still BF. One food we did try was oatmeal, and she threw up and got red spots on her face after eating it... I'm just going to avoid anything with grains it it for now. I have no experience with food allergies, either, so it's kind of worrisome.