or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

When we moved into this house, I discovered a huge old glass container in the root cellar that looks like a barrel. Since it was in the root cellar, I assumed this is what was used here to make brine pickles. But I am a little confused because I'd always heard it was better to put the pickles in a wide container so you could skim off the scum as you needed to. Either way, its an awesome old thing, and I want to use it for SOMETHING
My mom had an old friend who was Cherokee. He had jet black hair, kept in a braid that passed his waist. He was very tall, strong build, and the most pale white skin and shocking blue eyes you'd ever seen. He was very active in local NA organizations, had all kinds of artifacts in his house, wore traditional jewelry, etc... I never doubted that he was NA, but I could see how some might just because of the skin and eyes.
Your LO is 11 months...is he walking yet? If he is, why not get a little potty and see if he'd be interested in using it! My kids didn't start with the diaper antics until around 15 months, and it was around that time that I started giving them the option of going on the potty. My 7mo, however, is quite different and already resists diaper changes and getting dressed. She yells if I move her legs down to snap the diaper. She likes playing with her feet and barely tolerates...
Quote: Originally Posted by SAHDS I always feel in the minority when I say this, but I have never had anything but positive comments from people when I tell them that I SAH. Even now, with an empty nest during the day, I've never heard one word against it. . Same with me. IN FACT, most if not ALL of the flack I get is about NOT being a full time SAHM!!! Like I'm hurting my kids by spending a few hours a day educating myself But you are...
On weekdays I take a shower in the morning before I head off with everyone to school. On weekends I frequently wait until everyone is napping, before then I get all the "dirty" chores done. When I was a full time sahm, I would let the boys watch a video and put the baby in her bouncer in the bathroom with me. Sometimes if I have a day where I'm at home w/ all 3 kids and DH isn't here, I'll still do this.
Fleur is picky! I've offered her lots of different foods, but so far she only likes one or two things. I guess I'm not used to this because my boys were voracious little pigs as babies, and they would readily eat ANYTHING set in front of them (why won't they do that now? ) So what should I do? Push her to try new things? Let her live off breastmilk and bananas? And a silly question: are girls pickier than boys when it comes to food? I mean, if she really dislikes...
Quote: Originally Posted by missmich What are we stocking up for? A long power outage or a major loss of income? Or just a general stock pile? I have nothing so far! Well I have plenty of bath and body products,but those won't help much in most emergencies! lol Armageddon, The Second Coming, nuclear warfare, total collapse of the government, gridcrash for whatever reason.....Lots of reasons folks stock up. My parents have been doing this for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thefrawg www.fuzzibunzonline.com has a clearance section for outdated colors in the old style. It is hit and miss on sizes they have handy though. I think they only have large right now. That and Craigslist is where I build my stash! HowEEEEVER... they have an awesome deal on 10 new-style seconds....I think I might consider this. Thanks a bunch for the link!!!!!
It looks like they only have the new style now Maybe I should just try the new ones. I'm so hesitant, though! I used the old style with all three of my kids and had no problems...so I don't understand why they changed the design! Maybe Ebay??? (my local Craigslist is really pitiful)
Quote: Originally Posted by zubeldia DH and I are from the UK. When I was finishing up my doctoral work in the UK my dh (then boyfriend) decided to apply for a training program in Boston. I thought... 'why not go?' I was lucky to find a visiting professorship about 2 hours from Boston and we planned to stay in the States a year. It was great because we had absolutely no commitments or responsibilities in the UK. We were renting a house in Cambridge, UK...