or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

On the Mohican River with many other canoes on the water, next landing is at least a mile downstream!!! Amusement park ride lines...like the 2 hour line for the coasters at Cedar Point. From yours truly, just outside of Shamrock, TX in the middle of nowhere and 16 weeks pregnant with DS2. I think the next rest stop-or point of civilization-was at least 50 miles away.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mymble We just did the hall closet over with the closetmaid stuff they sell at home depot. Fairly easy, just make sure you get the instructions online and make sure you have the right fasteners for your walls and all that. I would definitely figure out what you need and add it up before you start though -- our closet was wide and we were surprised at how much every single bracket added! It still came in for...I'm thinking...
Anyone have experience with installing these? We have a big walk-in closet upstairs that has NOTHING in it. I want to transform it into a functioning, enjoyable closet. I've looked at some of the closet systems at Lowe's and other places, but they seem so expensive. Has anyone designed or kind of "pieced together" their own closet system? (and done this fairly frugally?) Tell me about it if you have, and show pics if you have them!
Organizing. But only because I have a husband to consider and not enough money to organize things the way I really want to. Cleaning is easy, I do it every day : (well okay I'm not that happy about it but at least I do it and it doesn't drive me totally nuts)
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlyle You are so great for recognizing that she doesn't want to poop in her diaper! Way to go! If you want to do a "low-key" start, you could just try offering her a chance to use the potty a few times during the day. It seems like for a lot of people, the most likely times are: Right when they wake up (from nights and naps), about 5-10 minutes after eating/drinking/nursing, and any time that they are being fussy for no...
I got 6 FBs preemie size for nighttime and I had 6 Bummis SWW newborn size with infant indian prefolds for the day. I thought my setup was super-easy! And I really liked the Bummis covers.
Quote: Originally Posted by ilovebabies Yep! My oldest son is almost 16 and is still that way. Having him as a teenager is a breeze. I also have a 16 month old boy and he's the same way. I mean, he does regular toddler stuff...y'know, but he's easy going and layed back just like my son (and they get it from my dh). My 2 dauthe other hand.... well, let's not go there. ghters on I'm pg with #5 and he's a boy! I'm expecting the same kind of...
I think all you can do is prepare and try. I've never been abused like that, but I do know that with my personality, I would feel like my abuser still had control over me if I allowed the damage they did to affect how I lived my life and raised my children. Maybe thinking about it in those terms will give you more willpower? "X does not control my body, I do" or something to that effect. That, and your baby is counting on you to nourish them with your milk, and if you...
Henri is very mellow and gentle. He loves animals and is a kind of animal charmer. There was some kind of bird (perhaps a chimney sweep) that used to sit on the top of the neighbor's house every morning. Henri would go out and say hello to the bird and talk to it. Eventually after a few months, this bird began to respond to Henri and "talk" back to him! Sadly, the bird left with the cold weather, but hopefully he will return in the spring! Henri is also very cuddly and...
If so, pass the link my way. OR, if YOU have some that are in good condition and need to get rid of them, I'll happily buy them from you!