or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

With that kind of history and drug use, heck no I wouldn't rule in favor of him. And honestly, I think you have very VERY little to worry about here. He will not get your baby.
I'm no stranger to EC...I've used it to help my boys learn to use the potty. However, I've never done it with a baby, and I have a baby that I think might very much appreciate it. Fleur does not like pooping in her diaper, and I think she is holding it in because she's trying to avoid that feeling (can't blame her!) There was also one time when she must have really had to pee, and she cried and peed while she was on the changing table. Where do I start with EC'ing an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly I don't necessarily think that a mother with an infant has a right to ask someone else to move. You are assuming that person is able-bodied but what if they are not? I have severe fibromyalgia and I cannot stand for very long. I am 29 years old and from the outside I look healthy but that is not the case. If someone asked me and I said no they would probably come on here and complain that some horrible young woman...
I'll do anything, but DH has "taken over" chores like: mowing the yard. taking out the trash bringing in the firewood/cleaning the fireplace changing lightbulbs as needed And that's just fine with me
I think the use of "circumcision' as opposed to FGM is better because it ingrains into people's minds that CIRCUMCISION is BAD. All forms of circumcision are mutilation-there is no arguing that-And for the purposes of furthering our cause, I think that trying to distinguish one from the other is counterproductive. Cutting off parts of ANYONE'S genitals is unethical. We really need to stop thinking that female circumcision is somehow worse than male circumcision. Both are...
Quote: Originally Posted by latinalonestar Mama Poot: I think they are using the foreskin from the actual owner for the sex change, meaning an intact male that wants a sex change has more to work with. OP: This makes a ton of sense b/c the tissue in the clitoral hood and the inner labia is actually the same tissue composition as foreskin. Ohhhh.....oops Duh of course.
Wow...i would find a new doctor, honestly. Thats not to say I haven't done this with my kids' doctors. DS2's endocrinologist wants him on a liquid iron supplement, but I don't think its necessary or all that helpful. So over the past year that the doctor has been observing him, I've improved his diet to include more iron rich foods, cook more in the iron skillet, and started nursing DS2 again after the baby was born. Lo and behold his iron levels were dramatically improved...
So interesting all of the different responses... I think it is really sad that some of you mamas were pregnant and didn't feel your comfort was worth asking someone to let you sit down. But that is indicative of the coldness that seems to be so prevalent in our culture today. I'm sorry but even if a person had a "bad day at work", as one pp gave as an example, if a woman gets on the bus with two young kids and is 8 months pregnant, you need to let her have your seat. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by tlh From a Drs.website The new labia minora is made from the inner preputial (foreskin) layer and 3-4 cm of the outer layer. Vaginas created this way have natural lubrication as well as excellent sensitivity. Hmm....mixed thoughts on this. First problem-where are they getting these foreskins from to do the procedure (nm I answered my own question). Too bad the people the foreskins were taken from will...
Can you go to a shelter or a friend's house? I would not stay in your mom's house for another second. What's next? Is your stepdad going to make harassing and inappropriate comments about you breastfeeding your own child? Get the hell out of there...I'm serious.