or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

Quote: Originally Posted by philomom I boil the apple peels and orange peels on the back of the stove with a little cinnamon. So many of my friend's kids have asthma, I wonder if its linked to all these home fragrance products? YES. Woman's Day (of all things) had an article in either this or last month's issue. I stopped using everything......except Yankee candle wax tarts. We don't have allergies or anything here, and I only use them on...
We think we know what happened last night. As anyone who lives in the northeast knows, it is very cold and we're being buried with snow. DH went outside and noticed the smoke was settling around the yard instead of going into the air. I spoke with my dad this morning and he said this happens when a low pressure system comes in. It also happens when it is very cold. After a few hours the pressure in the chimney went back to normal and the problem went away. The basement...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittygrrl523 Osage Oranges supposedly repel spiders Yes they do!!! I'm lucky to be in an area where they are abundant. Unfortunately it is late to harvest. whatever is left out there is probably too soggy or rotten by this point.
There are 2 fireplaces here, one in the living room and one in the basement. We are using the living room one and every time we use it the BASEMENT fills with smoke! WHY??? The flue is open in the living room and closed in the basement one, which is what you are supposed to do. Furthermore, the smoke isnt coming through the basement fireplace. It seems to be coming in in the room where the furnace is. HELP!
I've done it once maybe twice. I was at the fair a few weeks after ds1 was born and still very sore from a rough delivery. There weren't any open benches so I approached some kids who were using one and asked them if I could sit there. They were really nice about it and were like "Oh yeah sure we're sorry! "Hey dude move this lady has a baby". I do think moms with babies-bf and ff-should be given priority in public places. Thoughts?
A question: Who are YOU? Your Mdc name says "caleb's mommy". But she is a PERSON who has a name, who has ideas, dreams, and goals. NOTHING in your post says anything about YOU. You need to invest in yourself and do things that are meaningful to you that don't involve your husband or your kids. PM me....
My advice is to cut her out and don't look back-if you do decide that is the route you want to go with her. I have cut my mom out and let her back in way too many times, only to be hurt again. I'm on the "out" with her again right now, and because of her addiction and other behaviors I do not want the children exposed to, I will not be letting her into our lives again. I am seeing a counselor, and she is helping me through all of this. And hopefully now that I have the...
Is adopting an older child a possibility you've considered? There are so many older children out there that need a good home. Just a thought
Hmmm....Well, my mom wasnt home a lot so I just had boyfriend over when she was at work, otherwise we'd drive out to the boonies where he lived, park the car in the woods, yeah you get it. My dad and stepmom were much more open. My lil sis and her bf of now almost 7 years did whatever they wanted to, she spent the night at his house a lot. But my dad +sm knew they were in a long term relationship so there was no point in trying to "stop" them. As for my kids? If you...
Remembering more.... My 3yo had a routine physical about a month ago. When we got home I took him potty, and DH was also in the bathroom for some reason. 3yo starts telling Daddy about his visit to Dr. B. and proceeds to point to my crotch and say "Dr B's right THERE!" WHAT?!?!?!??!?! I have NO idea what made him say it, now DH still teases me about it said says "Mommy likes Dr. B" (ew nooooo!!!) 3yo also says "Daddy told me not to tell you" and laughs like a...