or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

Quote: Originally Posted by RachelEve14 I have four under 5 (at least for another 6 weeks until the twins turn 5). I second / third / fourth make sure your house is very baby (well 2yo) proof. My friend had special nursing toys, and she rotated them a lot, and that helped her quite a bit. She had about 5 boxes of special toys and when she needed to nurse she would take one down. Just keep remembering one day they will grow up, and not fight over the...
Quote: Originally Posted by orangekoolaid do you have a portable potty you can keep in the room for her? instead of having to go out of the room? so giving her a choice of not going or going in that potty. We tried this too. It worked for a little while, but Henri uses the "big potty" most of the time now, and the last time I suggested the one in their room he screamed "NO!" and flipped the potty over I still keep it in there, because the 3yo...
Heck I'm 24 and I have "special" things that I don't use because theyre "too nice". Thousands of dollars worth of Royal Albert china and Waterford crystal? Collecting dust in their pretty little boxes. Bottle of expensive Givenchy parfum I bought for myself 5 years ago? I wear it a few times a year, and if I don't use it up soon it will go bad. But its "special" and I want it to last forever (that and I definitely cannot afford another bottle right now!) I commiserate with...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli I hope this isn't taking as derailing the thread, but I'd love to hear more about how you all use the medicinal plants that you grow!: I use the comfrey as the main ingredient in my salve, along with the plantain, chickweed and yarrow. Next year my mullein will be mature (provided the rosettes survived the transplant from the old house to the new one) and I will use it for cough and congestion relief. I...
Wow-I would have lost it on the woman for sure!!!! What you did saved your kid's life!!!!! Some people just take stuff way too personally sometimes. I have a very stern and loud voice, not to mention my voice is fairly low for a woman, so when I have to resort to raising my voice, sometimes it DOES scare the kids-but in a situation where they are running into the street and I NEED to use it, I don't care how scared they are because I'd rather have my kid be scared than be...
Ugh our 2 year old, Henri, does this. I just simply ignore it, offer him another book or more milky, and ignore the requests to go potty. Because before then, I kept giving in and it morphed into "I have to go potty", "I need water", "I want a banana", "Watch tv!!!!", etc.....I would find a way to nip it in the bud before it spirals...we had about a week or two of pretty ridiculous bedtimes because of Henri's procrastinations.
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 Make sure you, as a FAMILY, get lots of large motor 'play' time - go for walks/hikes, play active games, when he's old enough, go biking with him regularly. Teach him that it's fun to be active and learn to do active things together. Keep a healthy range of foods in the house. Let him regulate how much he wants to eat of those healthy foods. Don't keep junk food in the house. Then, relax. You've done all you can...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lit Chick Hmm. Well - I have a sort of superstitious feeling about animals choosing you. Call them furry guardian angels, familiars, whatever... I really think that sometimes and animal is meant to be your animal. . I think this as well. We had a long haired dilute calico that kept eating out of our garbage. I went out one day and said "Hey do you want something to eat?" and there she was. A few months later she...
Quote: Originally Posted by newmomma2005 Ds range of knowledge varies widely from day to day, one day he can count to 20 and next every answer is "ABC 123 Yellow" STUBBORN BOY Henri is 2 and knows his name, his age, where he lives, can count to 20, knows his letters. But he'll only disclose this knowledge when he feels like it. If I asked him right now, I'd get "Naaahhhh" or "NO! I don't have a name!" OP, I would definitely be concerned...
Paddy is 3.25 years old. He weighs about 35lbs and is 42 inches tall, putting him at the 75th %tile for weight and the 95th for height. He wears a size 9 shoe-well, probably 10 at this point he needs new ones. He has a little bit of a belly and little love handles on his sides Paddy definitely has a healthy appetite, too. But he doesn't eat junk food very often. His growth in the past year has been tremendous. He went from being very low on the charts to very high-even...