or Connect

Posts by Mama Poot

Quote: Originally Posted by Labbemama The shopping addiction is probably part of her BPD which has related impulse control problems. The hoarding is also a type of clinging as I see it. ANd if she truly had BPD you've experienced the clinging and then pushing away in relationships. Sometimes they get to a point where all they have left is STUFF. There's not a whole lot you can do. Other than recommend she get some help. I would personally...
Well, I have three under 4 so I couldn't tell ya I think you are lucky to just have one 2yo (however, my own 2yo is a total pita right now, so maybe it would feel worse if it was just him) Our 3yo is getting a lot calmer and is pretty laid back. Although I am very sick of having to dress people, change diapers, fix meals, etc... I think parenting will be enjoyable once the kids can take care of their basic needs without my help.
As some might gather from my posts, my relationship with my mother is far from good. However, within the past 6 months to 2 years, she has been on a steady decline that appears to be getting much worse much faster. She has a shopping addiction and now a hoarding problem. Her house is so full of stuff you can hardly walk in most of the rooms, and she cannot park her car in the garage because it is filled with junk. She is withdrawing from everyone, and in fact no one that I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Calidris I don't think it's a huge deal (how old is the baby?) Remember, what gets into your milk is what is in your blood, and even when you are very drunk your blood alcohol level is well below what would be considered alcoholic. just wiki'd it, a blood alcohol level greater than 0.4 would kill you, and 0.4 is pretty much nothing in a drink. She's almost 7 months old. I was good enough to drive home, so I guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by soccermama My favorite is when DS (who is 35 months) says "catapiller" at "capatiller"....it's the cutest mispronunciation that he's done thus far! Around 20 months Henri called them "batta-batta". Now he says "balla-liller" Too cute!!!!! Paddy has some speech difficulties, and some consonant sounds are just impossible for him right now. "train track" is "frain frack"...and unfortunately "truck" is...well, you...
Henri reminds me every time we watch Yo Gabba Gabba that "DJ Lance Rock is NOT Daddy." :
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad It might last. Accents are interesting. They exist because people in different areas speak the same language with different emphasis and ponounciation of (mostly) vowels. Interesting thing there is that there have been cases of adults suffering brain damage that results in "Forgeign accent syndrome" where they can't speak the same way they did and it sounds like they have an accent. Now my logic is suggesting...
Kids have ears like bats, I swear. Henri started saying "What's up, homey?" To everyone he saw after a pizza delivery guy said it to him He's also been known to make up words. Henri and Paddy have their own secret language too. We will never know what the words "bye-spy", "oolo" or "hemma" mean, but they think its hilarious to use them!
My first "experience" was with a guy I dated in high school. The relationship never got serious enough for me to see his stuff, but he told me that he was not circumcised and seemed nervous about that, like he thought I would be grossed out or something. I didn't know the difference then, and I told him "Okay..well whatever you are you are. I don't care" Then I met my DH and that was my first experience with an intact guy. When we got pregnant with our first, we knew...
I say "No, proper hygiene and safe sex prevents infection and STD's"