or Connect

Posts by mrsmischief

14. The American Way of Eating by Tracie McMillan 15. Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
12. The Frightened Man by Kenneth Cameron 13. The Bohemian Girl by Kenneth Cameron
10. The New Hate: A History of Fear and Loathing on the Populist Right by Arthur Goldwag 11. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
2/22- 2/23-  2/24-  2/25-  2/26- $17 for new crayons & markers 2/27-  2/28-  2/29-   
2/15- 27.50 for new rain boots for daughter 2/16-  2/17-  2/18- $35 for painting class  2/19-  2/20-  2/21-    Savings Goal: 100%  
  I liked Once in a Promised Land enough to accidentally stay up to 1AM to finish it in one sitting. 
Iron & Wine, Blackmore's Night, Lark & Spur, and Ray Lamontagne might fit your criteria.    Sarah Brightman (her cover of Scarborough Fair is lovely) and Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam also have some beautiful songs.   Many Celtic artists are sublime too. I like to listen to the Celtic Pandora station to find songs with interesting music and lyrics.  
I found Buddha in the Attic to be a good but heartbreaking read, more an epic poem than a novel. The story was different than what I expected, told from the point of many rather than just one narrator, but not disappointing in the least. I finished the book in one sitting as I just couldn't put it down. 
8. The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Ostuka 9. Once in a Promised Land by Laila Halaby    
Late updates from January   4. The Invisible Line: Three American Families and the Secret Journey From Black to White by Daniel Sharfstein 5.The Paris Wife by Paula McLain  6. Unschooling Rules by Clark Aldrich 7. Homeschooling for the Rest of Us by Sonya Haskins   7/35 in January