or Connect

Posts by mrsmischief

I have used Rosetta Stone to learn Korean together with my daughter. We just began Spanish RS at the beginning on this year. To supplement RS I use/d Tuttle flashcards,Teach Me Everyday series song CDs, and also regular picture books in the respective languages. I also occasionally hired a local university student who is fluent in Korean to have conversations with us (real life immersion) and will be doing the same with Spanish. Spanish has proven to be far easier to...
Tax refund is in the bank and now the real spending temptation begins. We can do this. We can do this. :)  
Week 4:    1/22- $18.30 for five deep d-e-e-p clearance board games for gifts next Christmas 1/23- $0 1/24- $0 1/25- 1/26-  1/27- 1/28- 1/29- 1/30- 1/31-
If you might be interested in a math program, DreamBox is one that is similar to Reading Eggs in many ways. Students are assessed when they first sign-up and the games are set to work at their level and grow with them. There are several different worlds for players to explore, and if a player is like my daughter and loves one area in particular, the game will allow the player to continue in on area, changing the program as they build skills. The program offers a variety...
A few more that popped into mind after my first response:   *Nate the Great *The Borrowers *Babe: The Gallant Pig *The Mad Scientist's Club *The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek *The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet *The Chocolate Touch 
  I hesitate to weigh in as my daughter is only five years old but will say I share your concerns about the social aspect of homeschooling. To ease my fears and address the issue I am sure to provide many different social opportunities for my daughter from near daily trips to the park for free play with whatever children happen to be there to structured art classes and early team sports that are more about friend finding than the activity at hand, to playing with...
Subbing 
Today is a kitchen day to res-stock the freezer:   *homeschool *refill bird feeders *set up telling time learning wall *refill herbal shampoo & pumpkin pie sugar scrub *nature walk   Cooking & Baking~ *big batch of kidney beans & black beans *rosemary lemon bread, french bread rolls and pita *hummus *winter spice granola *pumpkin granola bars *veggie breakfast burritos *veggie stock *cola syrup, latte syrups, mocha syrup   *clean...
Your set-up sounds inspiring! 
We moved to Fayetteville from Olympia, WA and the adjustment was brutal to say the least. Two years into our 'sentence' in F'ville and a small crunchy pocket of Fayetteville can indeed be be found.   A few hidden gems you might want to check out in town no matter where you choose to live:    *The Cape Fear Botanical Garden is a lovely place to visit and they host a monthly class for children called 'Nature Tales' and a workshop for adults ranging from...