or Connect

Posts by mrsmischief

Today I am tackling the master bedroom closest and my daughter's dresser.    Edited: Another 76 items gone today bringing my total to 133
I just received my e-reader last month and will be buying one for my daughter in the future. We are also seriously considering a laptop or tablet exclusively for homeschool purposes. The amount of paper waste and printing cost such a purchase would eliminate would pay for itself very quickly I think. It just seems a bit over indulgent (my parents and grandparents talking heh) to be purchasing such technology for a child but as my husband aptly pointed out, we already...
On the agenda today:   *Pack away Christmas totes. *Wash tile floors and vacuum carpeted floors *Launder bed linens and delicate clothing *Declutter master bedroom closet *Rake remainder of leaves to curb for pick-up *Change litter box *Make dental appt *Wash windows and dust *Bake two loaves of honey wheat bread *Ten minute clean kitchen *Ten minute clean bathrooms *Begin homeschool mollusk studies *Research microscope and tablet...
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate the thoughts and tips you have shared and will be keeping them in mind while pondering about simple homeschooling this week.   Your bit about "Waldorf-inflected classical unschooling model" made me laugh as it's a line of thinking to which I can relate. ;)
Week 2- 01/08- $13.50 for planned for lunch out 01/09- $0 01/10- $36.78 for gasoline, budgeted)  01/11- $0 spent + earned $50 at used bookstore 01/12- $0 spent + earned 33.96 on Amazon Trade-Ins 01/13- $305.70 for groceries (budgeted) 01/14-       Total: Spent~ 365.47 Earned~ 83.96 Savings Goal~ 100% met  

Can I ever relate to these feelings. I currently keep my paper journals locked away in a drawer in my desk and have taken to a private Livejournal for some writing now that my daughter is older and quickly learning to read. I've also began keeping a "family notebook" to serve as a journal of my memories of mothering, including the writing from previous journals as appropriate to provide the full story of our family for my daughter one day.   My other journals I...
IME you are perfectly normal and have absolutely no reason to fret. To value yourself in a culture that does not fully value your important contribution is a difficult lesson to learn and one I am forever seeking to master.    I find great fulfillment and satisfaction in having cultivated a rich inner life during my time at home. From newborn nursing days spent reading a stack of more intellectual reading to what I was then use to to the creative challenges of living...
I second this advice. When my daughter are describing was my normal too and I know it was normal for most of my mama friends too. Setting aside the time to get showered and dress first thing in the morning (on most days anyway) proved to be immensely helpful. I also began to plan out a lunch menu for the week and made food that could be stored in the refrigerator and quickly heated up come lunch time. Smoothies and homemade breakfast burritos (freezer cooking) were my...