or Connect

Posts by mrsmischief

I realized St. Lucia's Day has come and gone but I hope you don't me sharing a few ideas you might want to file away for next year. :)   *I made a Lucia Crown for my daughter to wear and a simple white pillowcase dress with a red ribbon sash so that she could dress up as St. Lucia for the special brunch we hosted for a group friends. I have pics of the crown here: http://berrybramblecottage.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/a-celebration-of-goodness-and-light/   There are...
I am ashamed to be writing this post, but am in desperate need of advice and help giving up refined sugars. I have always had an AWFUL sweet tooth, but did have success giving up sugar entirely during my pregnancy and immediatly following my daughter's birth. During a stressful situation, I wound up eating a bit of candy and my sugar issue has been all downhill since then, becoming markedly worse after I had a second trimester pregnancy loss last year and was battling...
I am currently 33w pregnant and have been experiencing a maddening case of PUPPPS. I have tried everything and anything to make the terrible itch go away just long enough to get even two or three hours of sleep, and much to my dismay, Claritin is the only thing that is able to ease my itchiness for even a small time period. I have come across several resources that stated antihistamines can cause a drop/lack of milk supply and am very concerned that my taking Claritin may...
We are trying to get all our credit card debt paid off over the next year or so and from there save for a house and begin investing a little. My husband and I made some stupid credit choices when we were just old enough for credit, and although our debt is not astronomical, it is something we would both love to be rid of. I am hoping to get all of this paid off and to never use credit cards again...well barring true emergencies, not the latest sale at Express
Thank you everyone for your supportive comments. Things have really been looking up and its looks like my UC will be very possible. I feel such relief and calmness now and just all around positive. Thank you again for your kind words and help. I look forward to learning more from this forum in the months to come
Name: Amy EDD: Late November/Early December Hoping for girl or boy: No preference, just hoping for a healthy baby!
Hello everyone. I have been lurking on this board for several weeks now and have been amazed how much wonderful information I have been able to learn from everybody's posts. I am currently expecting my first child in November/December of this year and am planning a UC. My husband is very supportive in my decision to UC, however nobody else in my life is supportive of anything healthwise not involving the medical model of care, so not a breath of our UC plans can be...