or Connect

Posts by mrsmischief

Thank you for all of this feedback and advice. I am taking notes and perusing Amazon right now.   I'm embarrassed to admit I had forgotten about the Babysitter's Club and several other series mentioned upthread. The suggestion about Nancy Drew was very helpful too. My daughter enjoys solving mysteries and playing detective and spy making this one series she may find highly appealing in the future.    Those 'choose your own adventure' books are popping into my...
I was curious to learn how other parents select books and magazines for their young gifted children. How do you find the balance between the correct reading level and appropriate subject content?    My daughter is five years old and reading on the sixth grade level and I'm quickly running out of ideas for reading materials to share with her. She is interested in periodicals and our local paper, which I'm loathe to allow her free access to for fear she'll learn about...
Just about 1200 square feet 3 bed, 2 bath for two adults, one child, and a cat
Another vote for RSO here. 
We have a no shoe rule here. My husband made a bench with shelving underneath to store shoes and provide seating for easy shoe removal. Tough doormats are located both inside and outside the door to facilitate in keeping dirt out of our home. 
I'll join!   My projects:   -inventory clothing and prepare shopping list for fall/winter needs -organize art & craft & hobby supplies -catalog home library & organize - implement new home management and financial organizational binders -organize food storage & canning pantry -inventory and reorganize emergency supplies & kits -freshen up first aid cabinet  -wrap and inventory items in gift closet and complete fall/winter holiday/special occasion...
29. Free to Learn: Five Ideas for a Joyful Unschooling Life 30. Like the Singing Coming Off the Drums by Sonia Sanchez
27. On the Future of Our Educational Institutions by Friedrich Nietzsche 28. Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare by Edith Nesbit
24. The Society of the Spectacle by Guy Debord 25. Baby Buddhas: A Guide for Teaching Meditation to Children 26. The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
23. The Undiscovered Self by C.G. Jung