or Connect

Posts by Sailor

Cool baking soda bath. Don't put lemon on your girly bits. Lemon is acidic!! I'm sorry it's happened to you. If it makes you feel better, I've done this myself ... and, unfortunately, not because I was using the bathroom. I thought I had burned a very important button off, lol. I felt like the stupidest person in the world. I usually wear gloves when handling a lot of hot peppers. But, that day it was only a couple. So, I thought I'd be safe. Anyway, a cool baking...
I don't find it too awkward, mainly because I always fall bank on my tried and true line "oh, well, I'm from Europe so these barbaric American ways are new to me." This is how I usually end the discussion when I see that it's not going anywhere. Once I see that, I end it with that line as I find it helps ease the awkwardness and gets an additional point across: not all countries are filled with circumcised men. I don't say it in a mean/angry tone of voice. So no one has...
Have you tried having a serious talk with her? Telling her about your concerns about this guy, as well as mentioning how you've missed her? And mentioning the rent/work issue? If you have done that ... honestly, there isn't much that you can do in terms of this guy. Though, obviously a lot you can do in terms of her living there. This is a totally different situation as we weren't sisters, but we've known one another since age 5 (I'm almost 27 now). We were best...
Hmmm, I grew up with some toys but LOTS of books, no TV, no computer (until high school), etc. I never noticed a lack of anything. I was a bookworm, and so the books made great "toys." We also did board games together. Card games too. I still don't own a TV, and don't think I'm missing anything. I do have a computer, but use it mainly at night. My child will also have no TV, some toys - mainly books. I don't see the big deal in that. I also think the grabbing...
I grew up in a household where, as soon as I learned to read, I had free reign to all the books in the house, and anything else I wanted at the library. And anything I wanted to buy with my pocket money. I wasn't damaged by this. I think. I don't plan on monitoring or censoring what my child reads, let alone a teen! Heck, it would be hard to monitor or censor this considering the amount of books in our house. Books that range from literature to mystery to romance...
Holy moly ... definitely a serious chat is in order. If that doesn't help - counseling. If that doesn't help ... well, I'd be high tailing it out of there. Of course, that would be my last resort. But, honestly, that type of situation wouldn't be bearable for me. I'm familiar with the culture ... but, just because it's cultural does not make it right. Moreover, what you're describing, as the pp pointed out, also happens without the culture excuse. Now, since he was...
Well, what kind of worms? Tapeworms or roundworms? Or some other type? Not that it matters, really, in terms of treatment, but if you have little kids around - be careful that they don't go anywhere near the cat that is infected. You need to go to a vet - there is no way around it. I don't know of any homeopathic methods. At this point, you're probably going to need to get all your animals tested. It's not just shared kitty litter - some of the worms or eggs may stick...
I have a bank account ONLY for paypal. The money in the bank account is negligible. I only have it so that I can use paypal (we sell a lot of stuff on ebay). I'd never link my "real" account to paypal either. It's too scary of a concept for me.
I used to wear a 4 in high school. Now, I wear a size 2. Lately, I've noticed, in a lot of stores, even the size 2 is too big. My body hasn't changed since high school. Well, minus the period of 2 years where I gained 80 pounds, lol. But, I'm back to my high school size now. If this vanity sizing trend keeps going, I'm not going to have a size to buy. I also wonder what people who always wore size 2 or 0 wear now.
I've never used fluoride either. I don't drink tap water that has fluoride in it, or use it on my teeth. I won't go to a dentist that doesn't have the option of forgoing the fluoride. I also eat a healthy diet - zero processed foods, lots of healthy/whole/organic choices. I do floss twice a day. I brush with a tooth powder. I have one cavity from when I was 14 and went through a period of never wanting to brush my teeth. Like for months. Yea, I shudder to think about...