or Connect

Posts by Sailor

I use the breeder from whom I got the dog. We live like 2 hours away from him right now. But, if we're going away for 2 weeks and I absolutely can't take my dog, I drop him off at the breeder's. For a fee. This isn't a normal service he provides ... I just happen to be very convincing. My dog loves it there. It's a farm, and he's got lots of GSD friends there. Sometimes my breeder likes to joke that my dog doesn't want to come home with me, lol. I have used a kennel in...
I carry mace ... but, it's more for the human predators. Mace is tricky, as others have said, due to wind. However, in a pinch, I'd obviously attempt to use it if attacked by a wild animal. I'd rather accidentally mace my dog in the process than have my dog go after the wild animal (something he'd absolutely do if it attacked me). I did, once, use mace on a dog. This dog was behind a fence and going crazy with aggression towards my dog. We crossed the street, and the...
I can't feel anything either. But, it's my first pregnancy. To be honest, I wouldn't even know what I'm feeling for ... so, for all I know, it could be out of my pelvis, but I just haven't noticed. My mom says she didn't even start to look pregnant until 5 months with me. So ... I bet it varies with every woman.
You know, if I were really desperate, and it meant the difference to me in terms of affording the GRE and not doing it .... I'd swallow my pride, and go all out tacky. I mean, it's family and friends - what is the worst that can happen? They'll think you're tacky? Honestly, people ask for sponsors to go on missionary trips. People ask for sponsors for charity walks, marathons, readathons, etc. If you've eliminated all other options - just ask. If I received an email...
Well, what about violent events that weren't wars? For instance, take a look at the history of the Catholic Church. MILLIONS died in the inquisition. Some of them were political, and a lot of them were people who didn't believe in the Catholic religion. But, it was definitely a campaign against the beliefs of others, and "pro-Catholicism." Say, back in the day, the Catholic Church had a policy of "this is what we believe, but it's OK for others to have their beliefs."...
Re: fever - that is a really good point a poster brought up. I noticed a big obsession among mainstream drugs to "lower fevers". Practically all of them do that. A fever is actually a good sign - one's body fighting the infection. Although, you feel really crappy, it's actually a good idea to let the fever do its job. Now, obviously, I'm NOT saying to sit around at home with a fever of 106 and do nothing. I'm talking about non-emergency fevers!
I was worried a few days ago that I had gotten it. We have been traveling a lot, and I really felt awful once we got back home. I had a slight fever, major runny nose, sore throat, body aches, and just had that "I'm about to get full blown sick" feeling. I combined one whole lemon (with zest), ginger, honey, and boiling water. Drank that. Many times. Took Vitamin C. Drank LOTS of fluids - from water to green tea. Ate two heads (not pieces - heads) of garlic (roasted with...
I would never declaw an animal. But, I'm also against all kinds of things that people view as normal, i.e. cropping ears and tails. If your cat is destructive, she will be destructive after the de-clawing. We had a cat that we got from the shelter, already declawed. Whenever we did something that she didn't like, she would CHEW holes in the sofa. Not having claws didn't stop her from getting through screens either. Cats can be trained, like dogs. It just takes a...
I pretty much think that any religion that says "this is the ONLY truth, and you must believe it or not be saved" is a religion that has the potential for violence. As long as one believes that their lifestyle is the ONLY correct lifestyle then it's like being against everyone else. Which can (though it doesn't have to) lead to violence. On the other hand, a religion or belief system that is more along the lines of "there are many paths towards the truth, this just...
Nothing. I sort of think the Mayans were more like "ok, we got to 2012, let's take a break, and pick up the calendar where we left off in a couple hundred years." They just didn't foresee their extinction. Hence the calendar only extending to 2012.