or Connect

Posts by Sailor

I must admit, when I was still a minor, living with my family, and we all went to Church on Sunday, I would only pretend to take Communion (slip out of line when family was not watching). I'd also skip out on the handshaking. The Church I went to had the host on the tongue. I'm that person who can't touch anything with bare hands in public restrooms. So, I could never get over the germ issues in Church. I used to wonder whether the priest had washed his hands (with...
I was your step daughter! My mom was a single parent. I was asocial, so the person to whom I was closest was my mom. When she remarried, my behavior at school was perfection. Honor roll, etc. My behavior at home - I took EVERYTHING out on my step dad. And pretty much made his life a living hell. What did he do? Well, nothing. When I did something inappropriate, he just said "you know, that hurts my feelings, maybe we could talk about how we could make it...
I love slouch boots. I do wear them with jeans, but I also wear them with skirts. Also, - though my dp tells me this is a fashion "faux pas" (but what does he know, despite the fact that he did take fashion design in college ) - I wear them with leggings.
Does anyone know why they have that European rule? I don't understand why I can't donate just because I was born and lived in Europe for X amount of years. I just don't get the rationale.
10 inches between usl. Despite that difference, at one point, I actually weighed more than him, lol.
I'd consider it discrimination based on gender, only because men don't have to wear make up. You never see an employer tell his male employee that he needs to put some make up on. However, I realize that most courts probably won't recognize that as discrimination. Grrrr. I'm so sorry your boss said that to you. I definitely think he could have phrased all of that in a very professional, non-insulting manner. Minus the make up part, as that just wasn't necessary.
I'm pregnant now ... and, uh, I still think uterine replicators are kind of nifty. I have this idea of a replicator that looks like a modern art piece you'd keep in your home. And then when the baby was ready to come out, it would open. Also, it would be neat if you could peak in and see how the baby was developing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying being pregnant and am in total awe of what my body does. But, stuff like uterine replicators fascinates me.
I don't think buying an urn is any different than picking out (and purchasing) plots to be buried in. I remember being 5, strolling with my grandmother through the cemetery, as she asked my opinion on which plot I liked best (for her!). I remember this as such a great time - the cemetery was like a really lovely park. We wound up picking a plot right next to a lovely, large tree. I think pre-planning is very practical. Plus, I think this is a very healthy way to expose...
Assuming 100% no side effects ... sure. But, it would have to be 100% no side effects, and the reversal would also have to be 100% effective. Otherwise, no. I actually think I'd do it different, though. Get it done, and then leave it up to the child when they want it removed. I mean, after they turn 18. So, for instance, maybe they don't want kids until age 30 - they can keep it. Maybe they want kids at 18 - they can remove it. Actually, it seems like a good birth...
Eh, they don't bother me. I figure everyone has a different approach to pregnancy, and everyone got pregnant due to differing reasons. While I'm super excited and in awe of what my body is doing ... someone else might feel differently. I'm all about offering t-shirts that cover the whole spectrum of feelings. In terms of being offensive ... well, I kind of think that you can pretty much find someone(s) that would be offended by whatever you wear/do/say. In other words,...