or Connect

Posts by Sailor

Ok, lol, maybe we'll nix the empty box idea too. It seemed like a good idea from watching my niece. I remember one year her mom got her this awesome play house. It came wrapped in this huge box. Once she opened it, looked the playhouse over, she turned to the big box and started playing in that. 3 days later, she was still playing with the box over the playhouse! Which is when my brilliant empty box plan came into being, lol. But, I guess it wasn't so brilliant after all.
Sorry, I meant to say lactose as opposed to dairy. Since I can't eat/drink any of it anyway, I tend to lump it all in the same category. But, you're right - two different things. The way my doctor explained it - when it's an allergy, your body creates antibodies to fight the "food" you've put in. Usually, the reaction is against the protein. But, not always. Whereas the food intolerance is often a digestive system response - whether from lack of enzymes or other issue....
I keep groceries in the trunk. I never thought about putting them in the car - it's just easier for me to shove everything in the trunk and be done with it. Though, I guess there are some cars that have trunks which open into the inside of the car ... I'm sure there is a technical name for this!
It's good that you're considering eliminating the dairy. You'd be surprised at how many people never do this, despite symptoms! I have a dairy allergy, and beyond the rash, congestion is the other symptom. As soon as I went dairy free - all my problems were gone. Good luck with that - I hope you figure it out. You could also try an air purifier in his room. Those work wonders for me when I visit my mom.
We tried FAM for a bit too. But, we're a high sex drive couple - like everyday, lol. And it just got too unenjoyable for us to make sure we weren't have intercourse on the fertile period. Really, the whole thing stressed us out as we were hardcore about not wanting to get pregnant. Likewise, we were WAY too paranoid about the pull out method. I couldn't enjoy myself as I just kept thinking "what if this is the one time he loses control and doesn't pull out in...
Basically, a food allergy is a problem with the immune system. A food intolerance is a digestive issue. For instance, people who have a dairy intolerance can still drink things like Lactaid milk. Or take one of those lactose intolerance pills and enjoy their ice cream. The pills aids your bodies digestion, helps overcome the intolerance. If you were to have dairy, without pills or Lactaid, etc., then you'd have digestive issues - stomach upset, vomiting, gas cramps,...
Ummm, yea, my baby is still in the womb .... but, twisting a child's nipples is BEYOND inappropriate. I'd have pretty much told him that if he ever touched my child again, I'd call the police. I'd also tell him to never come by my house again.
Well, I probably would give some statistics and facts. I also would not allow my child to ride in that car. A badly restrained child or unrestrained child can, as someone else pointed out, become a deadly "missile" in a car crash. It's the same reason why I don't drive with bottles, cups, etc., in the car. In a crash - they become missiles. I was in a serious car crash where I had to be helicoptered to the hospital. So, I have first hand experience how everything that is...
I like preternatural. And I like elevenses. I always love saying something like "I can't do that right now, as I'm having a preternaturally good elevenses." My dp is used to my oddball ways, lol.
B+ I tried to donate once when I was in college. They were giving out free pints of ice cream for a pint of blood. Moreover, it was soy delicious ice cream - even more incentive for me as I can't have dairy. So, I went, but they said I couldn't donate blood as I was born in Europe in 1982. And, right before my blood donation, had been out of the country for over 6 months. They said there was some rule that I couldn't. I didn't really understand the gist of it, or why...