or Connect

Posts by Sailor

I was thinking about this too (I didn't read the whole thread, btw, just the OP). My mom has MS (multiple sclerosis). She takes a drug that kills her immune system. I mean, she pretty much has none to speak of. My mom's neurologist said that she should skip the H1N1 vaccine, and not bother with any other flu vaccines either. He said, for her, swine flu, was the least of her worries and the chances of her getting it were slim. My mom works as a professor, at a large...
I agree about the hard water as a potential problem. Also, when is the last time the dishwasher has been cleaned? Ours has a filter thing where all the food particles go, and I find that when that's clogged, the dishwasher leaves particles of food everywhere. I also agree about the rinsing. I, too, read that rinsing before putting in the dishwasher isn't a good idea. I never rinse - I just shove it in there. Also, I ALWAYS run the pots/pans cycle. I never do any other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirogi Are there studies showing that most pedophiles have a "normal" appearance? I am unaware. Well, no studies, but it's a logical conclusion. Considering the amount of sex offenders, and given how many sex crimes are committed when it comes to children, it stands to reason that it's hard to spot MOST sex offenders. If they all looked weird and creepy, the amount of sex crimes wouldn't be so high. Everyone...
Right, but I believe animals are classified by digestive tract. I think that's the more "scientific" way. A dog has the digestive tract of a carnivore. In fact, a dog can't process vegetables at all. A whole carrot will come out whole on the other side, undigested. I'd have to put vegetables in the food processor, to break down their cellular walls, if I wanted my dog to digest them. So, if my dog were left on his own ... he couldn't live or survive on a plant diet....
It happened to my mom once as well. We were moving from my dad's apartment to a new apartment where it would be just the two of us. I was being a total brat - not usual, but what was unusual was that my mom has endless amounts of patience. That day, she just didn't. It was the only time in her life she did it, too. Before and after that moment - my mom had/has the patience of a Saint. To be honest, the only reason that I remember it was because she made it up to me by...
I eat sea salt ... but, I've never eaten the regular table salt. I also use the sea salt VERY sparingly ... like once in a blue moon, lol. I get my iodine from other sources. My blood work has never come back with problems, and I'm healthy.
I'm still pregnant, but I still stay with my IL's even without dp. But, they don't live in the same state as my mom. So, when I'm staying with them it's because I'm in town on business or have something I need to do there. However, I love my IL's - staying with them is wonderful. Sometimes even better than with my mom, as my mom can't cook and my dp's mom cooks SO well. I always feel so spoiled when I visit - with or without dp.
Yea, it's just a matter of perseverance. When my mom insisted on speaking Polish to me - I didn't "enjoy" it. I found it annoying. We were in America, and I spoke English all day - I wanted to continue that at home. My mom pretty much refused to speak to me in any other language but Polish. If I said something in English, she'd be like "I"m sorry, what did you say?" in Polish. And she'd repeat that, without acknowledging what I said, until I switched to Polish. Obviously...
I'm sorry, but a dog is NOT an omnivore. I may not know much about kibble, but I do know this for certain!! They are classified as carnivores. Not omnivores. I keep hearing people say these things about dogs - classifying them as omnivores. But, I have NEVER seen a vet or biology text book classify them as anything but carnivores. A dog is a carnivore and thrives on a meat based diet. There is no way around that. Can dogs do OK on Purina, etc.? Absolutely. Most rescues...
I think your cousin is awesome! Just think how much courage and conviction he must have in order to follow his passion - despite obstacles in his way. Good for him. I also think it's totally silly that there is a stigma against men wearing skirts. Women wear both skirts AND pants, and no one blinks an eye. But, when a man puts on a skirt, it's like this huge deal. I just don't get it. I wouldn't have a problem with this. But, then again, when I was a nanny, and the...