or Connect

Posts by Sailor

I have no advice ... but, I wanted to tell you this: you won't be screwed forever if you default. I know defaulting is scary to a lot of people. I defaulted on my student loans - for 4 years! I finished paying the last student loan right when I turned 26 (so around 10 months ago). Now, it's obviously still on my credit. But, almost right after I paid everything off, I got a credit card offer in the mail. I'm using this one credit card to help rebuild my score. Also,...
Yes, definitely ask yourself about energy level. Realistically, on a DAILY basis, how much exercise will you be able to provide? By using that question as your guide, you can really narrow down your choices a lot. Also, don't get stuck on the size just yet. Small dogs don't always do well with small children. I have a 95 pound GSD in a small condo - but, it's not a problem as I make sure he gets A LOT of exercise outside. Definitely keep size in mind, but don't let...
Sorry, if this is really weird advice. But, I have a good friend who trains search and rescue dogs. He has twin toddlers, and his solution to them wanting to go into the crate was to get his toddlers their own crate. Now, when guests come over, it may look odd - the dogs in their crate, the toddlers napping in theirs ... but, he said it worked wonders. He did say he took off the door for the crate that his kids play in ... just in case, though obviously he supervises them...
huh ... I always thought "_______ meal" was a euphemism for road kill or the horse that the farmer needed to put down, and the kibble company took. But, that's probably just my weird paranoia! Like I said, I feed raw ... so I'm not a kibble expert. Definitely listen to the other ladies on here in that department.
Yep, grain, corn, - the most common allergens in dogs. Dogs are carnivores. Their bodies are designed to eat meat. So, it's no wonder so many can't tolerate corn or grains. A lot of kibbles use corn or other grains as fillers in the food. If you don't want to feed raw or aren't comfortable with it - then you need to feed the best quality kibble that you can afford. I feed raw, but when traveling I do Timberwolf Organics. It is super expensive (at least for me), but it's...
I went through a similar phase, but it was much later. I grew up speaking two languages - English and Polish. I have to give huge credit to my mom here as when we lived in Poland, she spoke English to me exclusively. When we lived in America, she spoke Polish to me exclusively. The ONLY reason why I am fluently bilingual now is because my mom worked so hard! I definitely preferred one language over the other, depending on my age, mood, and where I was. But, my phases came...
IMO, the person who is breastfeeding gets to decide the sleeping arrangements. Tell him that when he starts to breastfeed, that is when he can arrange the sleeping. I'm actually serious about this. While my baby is still on the inside ... I really don't understand why intimacy would be a problem with co-sleeping. However, maybe this is because (I apologize if this is TMI), for intimacy, our bed is the LAST place that sees any action. I mean, we literally SLEEP in the...
I'm from Poland too. My grandmother who lives in Poland, but also visits me, will get off the plane after 20 plus hours of travel, and immediately ask me where the vacuum is as soon as we get home. I gotta say - I love when she visits. All meals are made, everything is clean, my laundry is not only hung to dry, but also ironed - including sheets. Now, I'm not a slave driver. I TRY to stop her and try to get her to relax. But, she's really unstoppable. My dp and I just...
Ok, but realistically, if I were a pedophile (which I'm not!), and if I had $9,000 worth of camera equipment in order to take photos for my illegal online website, WHY would I make myself as conspicuous as possible? Why would I draw attention to myself by running or by clothing that doesn't look appropriate? If I were a pedophile, running an illegal website, I would 1. behave normally, 2. dress nicely, 3. say I was working for a newspaper and talk to the parents, 4. if I...
I agree - liquids is fine. I tend to drink a lot of water anyway, as I'm a runner. But, you can totally do juice, milk, herbal teas, green juice, smoothies, etc. I personally think soup counts too.